Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you trade games back to Gamesworld?

Options
  • 04-07-2003 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

just curious to see gamesworld seem to all up for it - but does it work?....ive only ever done it once. mainly because i keep all my games.

Do you trade games back to Gamesworld? 22 votes

Yeah, I do it when im finished/sick of a game
    0% 0 votes
    I do it occasionaly - when stuck for cash and want that game
    9% 2 votes
    Meh, not very often if at all
    18% 4 votes
    Did it once - RIP OFF!!! - Never again
    22% 5 votes
    Do what now?
    50% 11 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

It's a joke, they'll buy them off you for a fiver and put them back on the shelf for 40. They have a "remember - We buy your games back!" on each game they sell but really it should be "Remember - We're F'cknuts and we'll rob you blind you stupid consumer, BOW BEFORE US"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

when i was a kid i did it quite regularly as it was quite helpful when you were constantly broke(even if you were screwed over more than a hooker). not anymore though as i can actually afford a new game every couple of weeks. if i had kept every game ive had over the years though i would need another room to just store them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Swifty
    "Remember - We're F'cknuts and we'll rob you blind you stupid consumer, BOW BEFORE US"
    :p my thoughts excactly!
    and as for the whole "we check every game before re selling" thing... yeah, sure you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I saw a kid bring in 6 games all fairly newish, he was offered €35 for all the games. Yer man was like €5 against any game in the store or €3 cash. I mean whats the point in doing it, it's a rip off and we should get onto them. I was about to tell him where to shove his games but they were the only shop to have Midtown Madness 3 so that kept the peace.

i did a days trial work for them & the skanky bastards sent me the rejection letter that I helped write!
    bunch of **** jockeys.

during that day someone came in to trade about 20+ games for an xbox, she ended up giving them a **** load of money too, complete rip off tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

Originally posted by Swifty
    It's a joke, they'll buy them off you for a fiver and put them back on the shelf for 40.

Thats the biggest load of **** i have ever heard!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Most places that buy second hand games to resell shaft you, you'd generally be far better off to try to sell them yourself or even swap them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

For PS1 games, game gives 3 yoyos at most, sells for 13...
    ripoff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

years back i bought f1 platinum for the playstation for 10
    a few weeks later i tried to sell it back and they wouldn't take it because it was platinum :rolleyes:
    i did a days trial work for them & the skanky bastards sent me the rejection letter that I helped write!

heh

you would be better selling and buying, if possible, through a local ad paper than places like that

yeah, sell them through buy & sell or the for sale forum.
    or swap them on the trading forum...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Originally posted by tman
    yeah, sell them through buy & sell or the for sale forum.
    or swap them on the trading forum...

Yep come on down to the trading forum and you can swap game for game it be good. As for games world the reason they are total conts is that they will sell the game you brought in as NEW!

I know this cuz I brought in MDK when I was younger and it was a limited edition and had a slight damage to the top corner of the box. Next time I was in there it was.

My point is while its up to them to buy and sell them at whatever price they like surly its illegal to sell second hand games telling people they are new?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I never get rid of my games. I'm a bit of a collector and like to keep all the games i own. I tried to swap a game once before but it was the last time I did it and I decided not to swap the games. I was going to give them the ultra rare Ghouls and Ghosts and Gunstar Heroes when the 16-bit consoles were still around and I was offered 4 pounds for both games. Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

they gave me €25 for 2 gamecube games. traded them into GAME [que dramatic chord] for €30 each:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

For all their faults Game seem to give decent prices when you trade in Games. I'm not a big fan of Gamesworld myself and usually steer clear of the place, so I can't really comment on their trade-ins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭jammy_dodger

Tis a RIP-OFF, someone should e-mail this tread to 'em, They're do everything dodgeily, mate of mine worked there for the summer, They cut corners everywhere, including the staff.

Shower of Ba$tards.

p.s. I don't even shop there anymore, your best bet would be the trades or for sale fourm here, at least you get what they're worth or even more, i traded Opposing Force for unreal 2, twas a good deal.

Originally posted by jammy_dodger
    i traded Opposing Force for unreal 2, twas a good deal.
    lmao, yeah, not a bad deal...
    a 3+ year old add on for a game that you can pick up for under a tenner for a brand new game that'd set you back €40 at least...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Originally posted by jammy_dodger
    Tis a RIP-OFF, someone should e-mail this tread to 'em, They're do everything dodgeily, mate of mine worked there for the summer, They cut corners everywhere, including the staff.

True, they don't even pay their staff extra money for Sunday hours!

I wouldn't trade my games to them, they cost too much to buy in the first place especially when Gamesworld find it hard to pay more than €5 for them and it's always handy to keep old games for trading with friends for some of theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by tman
    lmao, yeah, not a bad deal...
    a 3+ year old add on for a game that you can pick up for under a tenner for a brand new game that'd set you back €40 at least...

yer but it helps if your a half life nut, plus i just didnt really like unreal 2

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Went in to that place to trade in devil may cry 2(piss easy game) for a mate.
    It was a newish release and was still in great condition and was still in their questionable top ten list.
    It was bought for 55 and they offered 20.

all i can say is the person behind the counter got laughed at.

Originally posted by shinzon
    yer but it helps if your a half life nut, plus i just didnt really like unreal 2

Shin
    cool, all that matters is that both parties are happy with the swap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Originally posted by Kalina
    True, they don't even pay their staff extra money for Sunday hours!
    Yeh wha?
    may i repeat myself, yeh wha?
    That's just crazy. Can they actually keep staff with that?

BTW, working in game tallaght, i have access to the almighty book of tradein values. if ya want a rough value for stuff pm me and tell me how much you paid for your game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

^ thats a good point I have a mate who works for game in Belfast and he get discounts, good time off (as he has to back and forth to London for medical stuff) and first dibs on trade-ins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Moral of the post then really.. is that Gamesworld suck the cocks of lots and lots of gay men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 J Murphy

While i agree that Gamesworld trade in prices are slightly lower than others stores you have to agree that they also sell them for lower than Game etc. ie Game sell new games for 59.99 and sell them s/h for 49.99. where are Gamesworld sell them for 39.99. The staff are very friendly and not the machines in game. They nothing about what they are selling. At least Gamesworld will tell you if a game is crap and direct you to good one. If Sony tell Game something is good they take it as the Gospel truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by J Murphy
    If Sony tell Game something is good they take it as the Gospel truth.

Well, that's a crock of $hit anyway. Any time I asked the store manager in Game, Henry Street (Adam) for his opinins on a N.R., he'd give it to me straight - if he played it - otherwise he'd get the views of staff who might have - I've got good and bad reviews from them - saved myself a fortune.

That said, I haven't bought a new game since last Christmas, but I doubt much has changed since then.

Advertisement