Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selection criteria for voting

Options
  • 04-07-2003 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭

What members can vote,eg registered 12 months or more and more than 100 posts. Must reduce to the bare minimum those strage Alias' out here that might try to vote more than once.

Minimum number of voting members to carry the vote (1000 maybe or more?)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

12 Months / 250 Posts minimum. I would suggets 500, but that might be a bit harsh.

There's a fair few mongs with a coupla hundred posts around.
    Then again there's also a fair few mongs with a coupla thousand posts :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

As Pie says, 12 months and 250 posts. I think it takes a while to learn the do's and don'ts on boards so a year membership should be enough for people to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

and for those of us that are not here 12 months maybe a " supporter pack owner" after all a supporter pack wouls indicate a comittment and genuine interest in Boards.ie

maybe ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Originally posted by Alany
    and for those of us that are not here 12 months maybe a " supporter pack owner" after all a supporter pack wouls indicate a comittment and genuine interest in Boards.ie

maybe ?

That's a good idea. Most people would only pay the €50 if they were genuinely interested in using boards properly... Sloth being an exception though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

12 months , seems a bit long to me.

People can generally learn the rules and stuff withing a few months imo. Maybe 6 months and 500 posts and 12 months and over 200 posts or so.

To make 500 posts in 6 months gives the impressiont that they have spent a fair amount of time reading/posting here.
    At least in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

A> 12 months AND 250 posts

or

B> Supporters pack purchaser

Either is good.

Letting Supporters vote, no matter who they are, would be akin to buying your way in to Boards.ie wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by PiE
    Letting Supporters vote, no matter who they are, would be akin to buying your way in to Boards.ie wouldn't it?

Yes.

And why not?

If they're prepared to pay for the upkeep of boards, it's only fair they should be given a say. IMO.

:)

I go for B-K-DzR's option.

6 months and 500 posts || 12 months and 200 posts
    (as well as all subscribers)
    :)

Perhaps members with permanent bans from x no. of boards should be refused the priviledge too?
    Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by seamus
    Yes.

And why not?

If they're prepared to pay for the upkeep of boards, it's only fair they should be given a say. IMO.

I suppose it shows a certain level of commitment.

True, not many muppets would waste the money just to act the arse here. But that goes against the whole boards ethos of earning respect here (and understanding the culture)... a total newbie could potentially walk straight in and have to be taken seriously... and we couldn't allow that! :p

Meh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Hmm... perhaps if they're here for less than 6months but have over 6 posts per day or something, then they wouldn't be let in. Posts per day is definitely a good way of spotting a muppet. With exceptions. Hence why all Admins and Mods should be allowed vote. Except B.ubbles. :D:p

<just reading the "Read First"... ah... ignore some of the above.>

Perhaps have a vote for a committee to oversee things... y'know... accept complaints about rules rather than the admins and then have them look them over and pass them on. They could be re-elected every 6 months. Or something. I'm tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

12 months + 250 posts

or

6 months + supporters pack

that should exclude most muppets from having a vote..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

The six month's, 500 posts is probably a bad idea, LordS idea regarding a posts per day level for those between 6 and 12 months is a good idea. I year and more than 250 posts, or 6 - 12 months with more than 100 posts and less than (threshold) posts per day.

Supporters pack = in ya go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I think 6 months with more than 500 posts, but less than 3 posts a day (but I'm a bit biased there, see left ;),

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Thanks to those who took the time to post, however, its not enoigh, when you consider 3000+ registered users log in every month, 14 replies is not enough to let it go any further, It seems that only a handful of people really do have an interest.

Thread closed and rules stay as they are.

Thx again

Vex.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement