Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Broadband Site

Options
  • 04-07-2003 10:27am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭

All over the IOL Broadband site it goes on about their service it goes on about it being flat rate etc etc. Even on the FAQ it says at one stage that you have Unlimited usage. At that stage if you stopped reading you would be unaware of the 5GB cap which it does explain a bit furthur down. How can they say in one paragraph that you have unlimited usage when a couple of paragraphs down it talks about a cap. Idiots!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I second that, and Eircom are doing the exact same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

well if you do the maths you get around 160 megs a day and around 5 to 7 megs i s normal surfing ......... soooooo you do basicly get unlimited SURFING but not unlimited total use

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by bizmark
    well if you do the maths you get around 160 megs a day and around 5 to 7 megs i s normal surfing ......... soooooo you do basicly get unlimited SURFING but not unlimited total use

Yes, but it actually says Unlimited 'Usage'. Not Unlimited 'Surfing'. Eircom and Esat are afraid to emphasis the fact there is a limit on their Flat rate service.

Advertisement