Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

holding a grudge

• 04-07-2003 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

hold a grudge. For a long time.

It'd be nice not to, to forgive, move on, etc etc.

If the begrudged person hasn't changed, isn't sorry and would do the same again, can you really 'forgive' as such?

And if you can't forgive, is the only way to shake a grudge to give up caring, which requires not caring about the person either?

Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i'm thinkin' Monty's job is getting more and more work. i also think this is not on the right board. try personal Issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

indeed moved...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

nice sig

"Love is not found but grows as it is given"

Long story short, you cannot forgive someone who is not sorry

Some things in this life are so personal, so deep, so hurtful, so unreasonable, so outrageous and so involved that you can never 'forgive' them.

You must just perfect the art of the shoddy painter decorator

And wallpaper over the cracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

there is no way you can forgive someone who isnt sorry and would do it again. just think how stupid you'd feel if they did do it again and you'd forgiven them.
    for your own self respesct you cant allow yourself to be walked over like that.
    all you can really try to do is forget about it/them, though this can be quite difficult if you're in the same group of friends- trust me.

Advertisement