Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Network or Phoen problem

• 04-07-2003 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Am I the only one who has been having problems with O2 recently? It mostly has to do with text messages. I send a text message, more likely than not I don't get a delivery report and then, a couple of hours later both the delivery report and the person's reply arrive. The problem is that they replied a few minutes after I texted them but I don't get their text until a couple of hours later. This happens when I text both 02, Vodafone and foreign numbers. I don't want to bug Customer Support about it yet in case it's just a network problem.

Why can a friend on Vodafone Netherlands txt me and I can't txt them? Cust Support say it's because they have no agreement with Vodafone, even though you can roam on that network. Another strange one.

Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

First ring customer care, they will be glad to hear from you. Perhaps this is an issue with the network, it certainly sounds like it but it may be an issue with your accounts interaction with the network.

Second to send international SMS you need an interconnect agreement with the Operator

To make calls on their network you need a roaming agreement, they are different.

Emmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭joerules

Ok. I'll probably ring them.

Thanks for clarifying the second point. I would have thought if a Vodafone (NL) customer could txt me then it would work in the reverse. It seems like Vodafone NL have some sort of interconnect agreement in place with O2, but O2 don't have it the other way.

Thanks again,

Joe

btw: I spelt "phone" wrong in the title. Stupid me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 owenzy

HI.
    More than likely its not a network problem..
    Its due to the fone itself..two IC's on ur fone need to be worked on.
    Im a mobile tech and u can send it in via the shop u bought it and tell them it is a network fault..its a hardware fault on your fone!!
    NOWENS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

To be honest, I have been having the same problem when sending from my Vodafone number to a small number of O2 numbers. When I send a message it does not deliver, however, when I send the message again, they both deliver within a short space of time. This occurs whether I wait 5 mins to resend or 2 hours.

I contacted O2's NMC (Network Management Dept) and they said there was no problem they were aware off, yet when I checked it out in work, my messages had been accepted by the Vodafone SMSC and were pending on the O2 SMSC to be delivered to the O2 customer. But sure I am on holidays at the moment so I have not had a chance to investigate it further. Again, this occurred with more than 1 O2 number.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I "HAD" these problems before also and the way i got around them was ring a number , preferbly a free fone. eg. 1741 and hang up, Then the txts that rolling in. I think it was a lack of reception but now everythings fine. All txts get sent/recieved on time - no problemo.

./Webmonkey

• Advertisement
Advertisement