Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galmoyelstown??

• 04-07-2003 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭

I going on my first carp fishing trip at the end of the month and i'm going to galmoyelstown in mullingar,has anyone fished this lake before and how did you do.I heard it is heavily fished and the carp are hard caught,is this true,any hints or pointers are welcome as i'm new to carp fishing.

Cheers
    Gary.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

I love fishing for carp aw its very easy u sould enjoy urself if u get a big one there very lazy indeed so u sould enjoy!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Was down there recently and I can say its a nice spot.. unfortunately it has been over-stocked with Roach and Perch. So If you can avoid them, and trust me its difficult, you should have a good day, can I hear you say boilies?

If its a warm day you should be successful in the end closest to the road. Theres also a nice spot in beside the tree closest to the carpark, theres some snags growing out of the water there, cast as close as you dare to that and you should have a successful day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Cosworth

I hear that galmoylestown is being closed down??
    Did you hear anything on this?

Was down there today, just back now...

Heard it from the horses mouth, (ie Joe the Fishery Manager). It has been closed to anglers, as of yesterday. I'm very upset about this, and have heard part of the reason why, but I dont believe that its my place, as an infrequent visitor, to say.

I'm off to do a little detective work and see what I can find on the subject. Something that's public knowledge so I can share it.

Let me know what you find out,
    I'll pm you what i heard.

• Advertisement

thats pretty much the same story Ive heard. I'm not sure but theres supposed to be something about it on the Shannon fiserys board website.. But I cant find a bean.

Theres also supposed to be a website fo galmoylestown, but I cant seem to find that one either...

I had a look on the SFB website and i can't find anything,didn't know there was a website on galmoylestown,i'll see can i find it.

I'll be down in mullingar next week as i doing a bit of flyfishing this week.

Gary.

Was down on the canal tonight.. just back now. It was very quiet altogether... I'm going to have a bit of a nose round just past Enfield tommorow, and then behing the petwer factory on Sunday.

Its starting to quiet off now as the days get shorter and the nights colder. Ah well almost piking time :)

Thats a shame i was going to head down to the canal to catch a few more of those tench.

I got two new carp/pike rods and baitrunners yesterday so i'll be going piking for a few days in nov

Advertisement