Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother Russia ! + Me

• 04-07-2003 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Hi ya`s
    Im pretty much stuck on this one , but Im wondering if anyone
    knows any good Recruitment agencys In the Homeland ;)

Ive tried trolling though google + others for hours and have come across a few sites but nothing really major , Im trying to find a Irishjobs.ie type site for Russia , Moscow specificaly.

It doesnt help of course I cant speak a word of Russian . But im hopeing someone out their might know of something or even have am idea where I can start looking .

Anyways Appreciate any help that can be offered.
    Thanks Comrade`s ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

What are you a masochist? There's **** all jobs in Russia, even for Russians (so why would they hire some1 who doesn't speak) and you would get paid **** all. Unless you're really into freezing your nuts off while getting the crap beaten out of you, I'd give it a miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by Blitzkrieger
    Unless you're really into freezing your nuts off while getting the crap beaten out of you, I'd give it a miss.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Russian women of course :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

one of my collegues has been ding something in moscow recently and he may know something about this sort of thing.
    although i think there was some agency that did a lot fo stuff about job placement and recruitment into russia.
    i will ask on monday if i remember and post up anything i can find out

Originally posted by damnyanks
    Russian women of course :D

That's what I would have guess tbh :)

The stories you hear about poverty and crime in Moscow these days....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I would appreciate that WWW .

Blitzkrieger
    Do you think ALL of russia is poverty stricken ?
    Well you obviously do , but my point being it isnt all that bad their in places. but my reason for going isnt woman related or any other seedy thing.

I have russian friends who have lived with me for 4+ years while they studied here , and after hearing so much about all the places there, I thought it would be nice to go work their for a while and get to see some of them in first hand.

anyway. Thanks again WWW . if you can find that. I have people asking here too , but I thought this might get more recent or relevant sites. My friends were from a remote part of russia so they cant really be much help apart from translating for me.

Originally posted by Static M.e.

Blitzkrieger
    Do you think ALL of russia is poverty stricken ?
    Well you obviously do , but my point being it isnt all that bad their in places. but my reason for going isnt woman related or any other seedy thing.

lol, what's seedy about liking Russian women? Of course it's not all poverty stricken, but you hear about so many people from Russia and the former USSR flocking west to find any kind of work, it's hard to imagine going the other way. I've heard of a guy with a masters in physics mopping floors in Mallow because he gets paid way more than he does back home. When mopping floors in Mallow is a sweet job you have to wonder......

I hope you have a good time there, but tbh, I don't think you will.

(btw, I hope you're not black. I've heard there's real hostility towards black people in Russia.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Sorry Blitzkrieger , I thought you menat the other kind of russian women I have been getting grief about aka " Ladies of the night ;) "

Maybe it wont be all glitter and gold but from what ive seen it does like , it has alot to offer in terms of Sightseeing , visiting cool places etc and the russians if meet all seem so warm and friendly.
    Im not naive or anything tho. if its s**t ill just catch a plane straight out and travail somewhere else..

Atm Im just at that point in my life again where Ive nothing holding me back < no gf , wife , no morgage yet etc > So I just like to go to diff places and check em out. See new stuff etc
    When mopping floors in Mallow is a sweet job you have to wonder......

Aye you would :)

tbh infact I work in Aslaka atm , Im so bored , nerf RL !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭seedot

Link Here

The paper copy has some jobs and English language companies which may be worth contacting. I think the web version has classifieds as well.

I was in Moscow a few weeks ago - as per usual, ignore any of the urban myths you hear from people who haven't been there. It's an amazing city, the people are v. friendly, the women are gorgeous (my wife was with me so my appreciation was purely aesthetic :D ) and while there is poverty there's a lot of money around as well.

One thing - the police are scary and visas etc. can be a real pain (both to get and then to extend or even keep sometimes) plus there are a load of dodgy types about, so be carefull.

C.

Advertisement