Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superman bug...

Options
  • 04-07-2003 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

Im not too sure why Dice left it in the 1.4 patch but there is a bug in it which is now being named "superman" which allows players to fly across the map.

The bug should hopefully be fixed with the v1.41 patch once its released, hopefully soon. I havent been able to give this superman bg thing a go as i still havent found out how to use it. If you see anyone on a server using it please shout "cheater....".

This seems to be the second or so time dice have left in a bug when releasing the patch, remember the wallhack-like one in v1.3, hummm :D

super3_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

only time ive seen anything like that, is when ye blow someone up with the grenade launcher on the m16 or ak47, they do fly in the air, but usually come back down to earth with a thump, never seen anyone fly accross the map but will keep my eyes peeled

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

ALso in vanilla BF if you stand beside an APC when it blows up (ie: its on fire, you jump out, it goes boom before you get time to run) you can get some nice hight, sometimes enought to parachute, but you can land of roofs etc using it,I accidently landed on the roof of the hospital on battle of midway once, I was in range of the flag but no1 could see me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

And this is only to do with the 1.4 patch as far as I can see, was playin on a multiplay server last night on wake, I was completly still waiting for a plane on the island and right in fron of me 2 guys just disappeared and reappered directly behind me, now normally id put this down to lag, but i know what a lag jump looks like and this sure as hell wasnt it

Shin

ps anyone seen the return of the bad old days of the version 1.3 patch of regular disconnecting from the servers for no reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sm

hi...

The "superman exploit" thing is a problem with 1.4, I couldn't recreate it in 1.31.... I can explain how it works, so you can maybe spot it better when it happens...

[edit]As pointed out in the Charter please do not post cheats, warez etc. This bug is affectly a cheat in itself - Winters[/edit]

I'm an admin on a US server, and we've probably increased our ban list by 50% since this became known. Not to mention clan matches, though we've not seen it, due to honest teams I think.

Also, I was reading back and I saw a mention of an Irish server called "Phyrric". That was one we hosted here in my house in Limerick. It's been offline for quite a while as we only had it up to see what could we do with a 512/256 DSL connection.

Sean....

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

ffs, no need to explain exzactly what class you have to be and what weapon you take out to do it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

What beneift could this be?
    Other than annoy people not like you can gain from it ,you will either die from a great height or fix planes as they fly by :confused:

Possibly you could hide if your the last man and everyone looking for you. But that would be very rare.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sm

What it's "useful" for is getting across the map quickly, getting to spawn points before the enemy, and without having to follow bridges, etc....

Apologies for posting details above, but I read the initial post as a query on info on the "exploit", and given the posters status (moderator) I thought it was okay to post the details..... gg reading comprehension...

Sean....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by sm
    Apologies for posting details above, but I read the initial post as a query on info on the "exploit", and given the posters status (moderator) I thought it was okay to post the details..... gg reading comprehension...

I probably should have made it more clear to not actucully post how to do it i]you method also didnt work for me when I tried it on a local game here[/i

I think this bug is either a developers thing, allowing the DICE testers to get quickly across the map for something to do with the Secret Weapons expansion pack for the Jet Packs in that. We can only wait though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Meadows

i have see people online doing the superman thing and it looks very impressive, how do you do it? I think this guy did it in water, is that the trick, by the way if you get in a plane and fly really high and then jump out (dont let out your shoot) you will go ahhhh for a while and then s h i t your pants.

Advertisement