Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry white dead

Options
  • 04-07-2003 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭

Velvet-voiced R&B crooner Barry White, renowned for his lush baritone and carnal lyrics that oozed sex appeal on songs such as "Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Babe," died Friday morning, his manager said.

White, who had suffered kidney failure from years of high blood pressure, died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center around 9:30 a.m., said manager Ned Shankman. He was 58.

White had been undergoing dialysis treatment and had been hospitalized since last September.

His work epitomized seductive disco music, also known as "make out" music. The heavyset musician enjoyed three decades of fame for songs like "You're the First, the Last, My Everything" and "It's Ecstasy When You Lay Down Next To Me."

White's canyon-deep, butter-smooth vocals and throbbing musical tempos emphasized his songs' sexually charged verbal foreplay. His 1975 song "Love Serenade" began with the purring, first-person lyrics: "I want you the way you came into the world/ I don't want to feel no clothes ..."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ah jebus, i thought there was some kind of joke that i was missing there:(
    rest in peace Barry, you'll be sorely missed.
    that guy sure knew how to make jiggy tunage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

so. whats the joke?

there is no joke, i thought this was a pisstake at first.
    i wish it was:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

that sucks! i cant believe it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

a sad day for lovers everywhere.

he'll be missed

1371b.jpg

R.I.P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I was never a big fan but he was a brilliant talent , sad to see him go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it is such a shame to see the love doctor die at 58. i was asked a question about him tonight which i don't know

how heavy was he?

i heard someone call him the 'love walrus' on 2fm yesterday, can't make up my mind if it was in good taste or not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by tman
    i heard someone call him the 'love walrus' on 2fm yesterday, can't make up my mind if it was in good taste or not...

i heard an interviewer call him that to his face before and he didn't take any offence at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Such a shame!!

I'd say more kids were spawned to his tunes than anything else!!

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

that does truely suck.
    the love walrus was an amazing singer.

R.I.P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

also, I was amazed to see his age in the paper. I knew he was around that age, its just a bit of an unusual one to die at

Advertisement