Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Jobs For Graduates!

• 05-07-2003 1:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.recruitireland.com/job.asp?JobID=163615

It's support work but they pay a reasonable 10.66 an hour! Maybe it's something you should consider Mr. Nuked :cool: Although I'd be a wee bit concerned that IT grads are being reduced to a role of answering phones.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Minimum requirement is a degree in Computer science or related dicipline.

You would be working in a call center environment dealing with 1st line technical support issues , TCPIP / Modem / WWW etc.

Jaysus, it sure is an employers market these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

I'll check that out. Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Raskolnikov
    Although I'd be a wee bit concerned that IT grads are being reduced to a role of answering phones.

this is a common type of ad in the uk.
    The are always saying IT grduates need only apply for sweeping the dtra room floor etc.
    its silly.
    its the one sector where experience will count more than any piece of paper.
    anyone who has been on a helpdesk would probably be preferred to someone with a degree.

but again, at the end of the day, it goes down to what you have to do to get employment, and if that means 6 months on a helpdesk, then so be it.
    hey, its where i started :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Raskolnikov thanks a lot for postin this mate, i got one of the jobs & start thursday.

I no its only a tech support job, but hey everybodies gotta start somewhere, & uve saved me form a summer of watchin ricki lake/ e.r. reruns :)

did anyone else from boards get one of these jobs do u no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by whosurpaddy
    Raskolnikov thanks a lot for postin this mate, i got one of the jobs & start thursday.

I no its only a tech support job, but hey everybodies gotta start somewhere, & uve saved me form a summer of watchin ricki lake/ e.r. reruns :)

did anyone else from boards get one of these jobs do u no.

Glad to be of service! :cool: I don't know anyone else who has applied for the job, if anyone else here applied and got the job then please let us know!

I'm feeling just a bit ornary with my sucess so here's another I.T job for a grad. Must be all the sunflower seeds I ate, now it feels like rake is moving through my intestine. Another sucess might presuade me and the rubber chicken to take one of these jobs myself.

Anyway, give it a read and tell me what ye think. If you're an I.T grad and incapable of one of these operations then feel bound to trip over a land mine.

http://www.recruitireland.com/job.asp?JobID=163289

Feeling old, crusty and, for the moment, orgasmically fulfilled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 QuickSmart

Please note that people with over 2 years of commercial experience will not be considered, as this is a junior position.
    Bummer. Knew i shouldnt have been workin the last 3 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

f*ck me €100 a day aint half bad is it !!!

Advertisement