Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just something I came across

Options
  • 05-07-2003 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭

Dunno if its nationwide, but in Dublin on monday's lunchtime 103.2fm there's a show called "cartalk". Some of the things on that show are hilarious, really worth listening to. Its an american radio show

http://www.cartalk.cars.com/Radio/Back-Tracks/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Wow - those guys are great! They are funny and give good reasoned advice. Why didn't you post this on motors instead? (Maybe you already did and I missed it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

I know I already said they were great, but I really have to say it again now after listening to alot more of them. They are Tom & Ray Magliozzi from Boston, but it seems their radio show is syndicated all over The States. It is bloody brilliant stuff. Don't worry if you're not into cars - when people ring in with questions they often spend minutes chatting about anything but cars - and they are very entertaining.

This clip in particular is not related to motors at all, and it's really funny. Give it a listen here: Tommy Peruses the Irish Personals

Oh yeah - and I love the Massachusetts accent. They way they talk reminds me of that guy Norm the "master carpenter" from Discovery H&L. They were talking about their accent one time and had a few words spelt in "Boston-ese" like "Flahwiz" for flowers, and "Khakis" is not the short trousers, but what you need to start your car (say it out loud!).

Advertisement