Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 Unlock

• 05-07-2003 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

i've got two 02 phones (both Nokia 3410's) and an 02 sim that works in both.

I want to unlock one of the phones so a top-up digiphone sim works in one of them.

is there anyway to do this using the 02 sim to access the phone settings? restore factory settings? something like that?

or do i need the cable and the noktools? is that the only way yeah?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭okonski

Now I'm confused - any phone with an network lock to O2 will accept an 02 prepay (SpeakEasy) without any modification required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Possibly a naive question, but in general how do you remove a network lock on a phone? e.g. a Vodafone mobile currently, where there is no Vodafone coverage, won't access an 02 signal, and will leave you with a 'No Network' message. Can't work the logic out myself, but I'm not familiar with the procedure to remove this lock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭daire

no reason to be confused. 02 won't except digiphone prepay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

esat digiphone became o2 not so very long ago......the only thing i can think of is that you have an old digiphone sim card, that for some reason isn't accepted by your o2 phone. In this case go to an o2 shop and tell them you need a replacement sim card and get yourself an o2 sim card with your old digiphone number(this will only work if you are the registered owener of the sim card.

otherwise its either not an o2 simcard your putting in to the phone or else its an english/other foreign o2 simcard that might not be accepted by your phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

It doesn't matter the digi sims work also. You want to unlock it then. Well just ring up o2 customer care and they will give the codes no problemo. Did for me and they will by law have to give them to you after July 25th :p

./Webmonkey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

The reasonn the sim card is not working is because it is a phase 1 sim.... Newer handsets will only accept phase 2 or later sims..

You can get the sim replaced with a recent one for free in any O2 Dealer..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭okonski

Originally posted by Webmonkey
    Well just ring up o2 customer care and they will give the codes no problemo. Did for me and they will by law have to give them to you after July 25th

Really? And which law is this then? You seem to have a minimal grasp of what FMNP has to do networks locking their handsets. Instead of giving spurious and misleading advice - you're not a dealer by any chance? - read the publications on the COMREG site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Originally posted by okonski
    Really? And which law is this then? You seem to have a minimal grasp of what FMNP has to do networks locking their handsets. Instead of giving spurious and misleading advice - you're not a dealer by any chance? - read the publications on the COMREG site.

hmm ok if you want sure why not post something worthwhile instead of complaining about everything i say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

He did post something worthwhile.

Under FMNP the only thing the is allowed to travel freely amongst networks and operators is YOUR NUMBER.

Handsets will be sometimes given as part of good will but not always.

Cross network credit checks will not be carried out but if you do run up a bad debt this normally gets put on your permanent credit record held by financial instituitions so the networks run their credit checks against this.

Emmo

Advertisement