Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good photo printing program required

Options
  • 05-07-2003 7:13pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have loads of pics (JPEGs) on my Laptop that I'd like to print out on photographic paper. Now here's the rub: The Pics are of a size larger than A4, so I can't simply click print or they'll be spread over 2 or 3 pages. All I want is a program that will ask me what size of paper I want the photo to fit on, and then it does the hard work of resizing the photo for say, A4 or A5 size AND prints it out, without ACTUALLY chaging the JPEG file

I'm using XP and I've tried the built in photo wizard but for some reason it takes about 1 hour for it to print out 3 or 4 photos, which is crazy.

So, would anyone know of such a program?

Thaaaaaaaanks people.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Originally posted by Michael Collins
    I'm using XP and I've tried the built in photo wizard but for some reason it takes about 1 hour for it to print out 3 or 4 photos, which is crazy.

The XP photo wizard works fine for me & is fairly quick. There must just be a problem with yours. :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Try this photo printing software, I was told it was good.

Click here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Paint Shop Pro http://www.jasc.com/ (image editor)

Thumbs Plus http://www.cerious.com/ (image browser)

If you look around on the cover CD of recent PC Mags you'll get the full version of Paint Shop pro 5 (the latest is v8). If not just download the shareware version of either of these. I'm a fan of Thumbs plus as image browser. But it does a lot of other useful stuff too. Try the shareware version and see what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

if you happen to have it, M$ Photodraw is pretty handy. you could
    easily size & position two pictures on an A4. that or PSP will do
    the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

How about this one...

http://atlantic.photoisland.com/photosharing/pprinterLE.html

...and b4 eye browse gets raised it is actually a free download

Just simply pick your picture and choose the size of the print you want , including multiple prints on one page if need be.

:cool:

• Advertisement

I should add that PSP and Thumbs both have the "resize to fit page" option you are looking for. Thumbs can print contact sheets or as many or as few pages on a sheet as you like. Both useful apps if you are doing digital photography. Thumbs also allows you to rename and re-number batches of graphics all at the same time which is something I find very handy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Thanks lads. I suppose it's about time I learned how to use photoshop. Although my system isn't really able for it so maybe I'll give that Thumbs one a try.

Thumbs needs a hefty PC too. I'd go with an older version of PSP if I was you...

Advertisement