Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pings?

Options
  • 05-07-2003 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

whats up with the pings being reported in the game? When I was on Utv isdn, I used to get pings of 10 or 15 ? then it would shoot upto 130 or so and then on some servers I would be reported to have 205 pings and would be kicked.
    Now I have dsl and get pings of 35 or 40 on servers, but in the game, other people are warned on how bad their ping is, but if I look at their pings, their 20 or 15??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

The jumpy pings has got something todo with the v1.4 patch. It seems to have made peoples pings jump all over the place but it will usually keep them constant and around one number. Hopefully they will fix this with the upcoming v1.41

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

n1 winters ;)

just another simple question for ya, what program can you use to view the screenshots (*.tga)? I've tried macromedia fireworks, but no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Paint Shop Pro is one anywhy. You may also be able to use Photoshop but im not too sure. I used to use Wally [The HL texture program] to open them then just copy it into Fireworks. :)

There are probably a few others out there but i use PSP and, well used to use Wally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Well i have to say its much better lagging out at 102 now than 1023 LOL, but i do hope that something is done in the 1.41 patch to stop this wild pinging, i got booted today from a server for the following pings

23 for 10 minutes

Kicked from server at that stage

Sigh

Shin

Advertisement