Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I get the UK ftv cards in ROI

• 06-07-2003 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

I see in threads that some people have them and can view channel4/5 BBC1/2/3 ITV1/2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

from what i can gather no new orders are being taken for new FTV cards.

from next thursday ALL the BBC channels will be available to everyone free of charge. ITV2 was never officially on a FTV card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Skyuser
    How do I get the UK ftv cards in ROI
    Short answer: you don't. They stopped sending them out a few days ago.
    Originally posted by Skyuser
    I see in threads that some people have them and can view channel4/5 BBC1/2/3 ITV1/2
    ITV2 has never been available on an FTV card.

The BBC channels will be free to air on July 10 (no card required)

As for the others: well, you're stuck really. ITV are making an announcement next week so there may be more news then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Fry

i've got most of the bbc channels in the "Other Channels" now, although I cant seem to get BBC 1 NI.

Is it just BBC1 and BBC2 that will be available from Thursday ?
    What about BBC3 and the rest ?

Do anyone have a list of frequecies?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

BBC 1 NI wont be available for all until Thursday. All BBC channels will be in the clear from then on. All the frequencies are here on Lyngsat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Here http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/skyuk.shtml

All the BBC TV and Radio
    (most of the radio has always been free, but not on ROI EPG)

BBC1 Nations + BBC1 England Regions
    BBC 2 Nations
    BBC3
    BBC4
    Cbeebies
    CBBC
    News24
    BBC PArliament has always been free but blanked on ROI EPG

It looks like some FTV cards will stop working in August and the rest in December. This *Might* mean ITV is FTA from December.

C5 may be bought by Sky (current UK law changes in progress) and has just signed up for another 3 years of Sky Conditional Access.

C4 has E4 and Film 4 (several) which have always been pay TV. So they may be offered a "discount" by Sky to make C4 part of Family pack as is rumoured.

ITV don't like BSkyB /NDS/Sky anymore than BBC. They got ITV2 (free on DTT) as part of Family pack to get discount on main ITV channel encryption. If (or more likely when) ITV go FTA instead of FTV for ITV, there is thus some chance of ITV2 also being FTA instead of Pay TV.

RTE has contract till 2008. This certinally includes NET2, and may include TG4.

No idea what status of TV3 is. Except main reason for UTV not already pay channel in Family Pack might be Granada's share in TV3.

On plus side if C4 and "Five" are pay only in UK on satellite, they *MIGHT* become part of Family Pack in ROI. Don't hold your breath.

I'd rather channels FTV or FTA in UK and "blocked on ROI EPG" than Pay TV on UK and ROI for sake of long term future of Satellite TV.

There needs to be UK/ROI Satellite TV not controlled by Sky. Monopolies are a very bad idea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement