Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldinho off to Real

• 06-07-2003 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Ronaldinho flew out to Real today to talk to Real Officials about the move.

This guy is not going to Man Utd. I have this gut wrenching feeling he is going to Real. Man Utd had their offer rejected. Negotiations are on going...but theres far too much hassle going on about this Ferdinand deal last summer. So much so, Fergies ex-buddies Jp Macmanus and that other guy Magnier who own that 10% stake in Man Utd are prepared to sell it. 30mill was a lot of money for him. 15-20 would have been suffice. This is not going to happen. I just know it...Its gone on for too long.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Réal Madrid should really be strengthening their defence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

When they have the best forward attacking line in the world...and their football is all about attacking, i cant see them buying a defender. Salgado and Roberto Carlos do their job on the flanks...Pavon and Hierro did do the central role, now that Hierro is gone, they either got a defender in mind on the team or they will be buying one b4 the summer is out.

Im tired...

http://www.football365.com/All_News/Breaking_News/story_72903.shtml

its actually ridiculous that Man Utd are not doing anything about this. I dont understand whats going on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Madrid cant afford Ronaldinho as P.S.G want all there money up front and not in instalments and why would he move to a club where the is a big chance he wudnt get to play alot of games,anyway the Madrid chairman said he is only going to bring one superstar a year to the club

Well if you read it, its not for this year. Its for next year. I assume thats because Zidane turns 31 and will be replaced by Ronaldinho. I mean he flew out to Real last night to discuss it.

• Advertisement

And Real apparently have 9 million more than Utd to spend on the player because of the 18million pound transfer of Anelka 3 yrs ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

PSG have been short on cash and are behind on their payments to Real Madrid for Anelka.

Real Madrid's signing of Beckham was on hold until Man Utd had assurances that Real had sufficient finances in place for the deal.

Man Utd line up Ronaldinho for £12M. PSG are happy with the offer but point out they only own 80% of the player - Man Utd will have to pay £15M for him. Rather than just pay up the PLC decided to haggle as it's a deflated transfer market.

Real seize the opportunity to get their money from PSG by making an inflated offer for Ronaldinho telling PSG that they can keep the money owed for Anelka as a down payment and they'll take the player in a year's time.

Now the PLC have to pay £27M for a player they could have had for £15M and they wonder why JP McManus and chums want to sell their stake in the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Originally posted by 50Cent
    http://www.football365.com/All_News/Breaking_News/story_72903.shtml

its actually ridiculous that Man Utd are not doing anything about this. I dont understand whats going on...

I dont think it is ridiculous in the least. Getting into a pointless bidding war with the likes of Real Madrid will only end in one result imho. Real seem to have cash to burn. Paying 20+ million for a player is crazy I think. UTD would be better off going and paying 12m for someone like Duff than 20+ Million on Ronaldinho. Id sooner see Liverpool pay 12m for Duff but ya know what I mean.

Advertisement