Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What was that parade yesterday?

• 06-07-2003 1:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

In Dublin. It was tiny but fun. I'd missed last years (despite being only miles from San Francisco I couldn't risk the ire of my conservative uncle who I was staying with) so this was my first LGB Pride Parade I've seen. So yay to that. But what was it? And why was there a Labour banner in the middle of the procession?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I was at the parade alright, had a good laugh. I found that a lot of the gay community felt less inhibited during and after the parade. What annoyed me most was that during the parade I was handed a leaflet. Apparantly some conservative christian groups were extolling the virtues of Jesus in his ability to 'convert' gays to heterosexuality. The 'god squad' as they had been dubbed had apparantly followed us from the start of the parade.

Anyway, after the parade and the pride in the park open air concert I went to the front lounge, GUBU and afterwards The POD. The POD was absolutely packed, both upstairs and downstairs. I met up with one or two people from boards, but only briefly.

Must go again next year :E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

That was THE parade? wow. It seemed really short. :( And I hadn't heard about it beforehand. Was only lucky to be on the route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by swiss

Must go again next year :E.

Well theres Belfast, Waterford and Cork pride happening this summer too.

Belfast Pride should be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭HerrLipp

Are you sure the residents will let the Pink Order down their roads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

We have Revvlon on our side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭Praetorian

The parade in NYC was huge. The transsexuals were truely scary though ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Originally posted by yellum
    We have Revvlon on our side.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

/me falls over laughing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

Missed it :'(

It is what it's.

Advertisement