Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fallin for younger person

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

if theres grass on the field, well then 'lets play ball' :)

i personally dont care about ages, ive gone out with older women and ive been with younger girls, if you get on together then age shouldnt mean squat. Working together, now that... well im a fond believer in the saying 'dont shìt on your own doorstep', but i suppose if i really got on with someone from work i'd give it a go.

gl with it anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well imo u should not listen to anyone becides urself and her and think about what her family will think of u . at 17 its a bit iffy but dont let anything put you off 8 years is not much of a age difference when you think of a 40yr and a 48 but when she is 17 it is different .

girls are very bitchy at that age b carefull u could get majourly screwed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hurleymike54

We're headin to see a gig next week and stayin over the night....
    I'm going with the mindset that the only people important here is myself and the girl question......

Okay, shes not as mature as a girl my age, but shes not far off....
    My worst fear is that I'm goin to loose her to some dirty scumbag who won't look after her....

i could wait.......yeah a year in a half, but thats gonna kill me altogether.....

i'm gonna see how we get on.......
    thanks for all the sound advice (positive and negative)

maybe I should hold off????
    still debating that....

i wonder does a 17 year old girl think hooking up with a 25 year old bloke as normal.....

We'll enjoy the gig anyways
    Thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hurleymike54

{Original Poster}

thanks everyone for their contibutions on this thread,

things are going great at the moment, i've decided not not tell her how I feel......not coz i dont wont to, but i know it's way too soon to land anything like that on her.......there is definitely a mutual attraction between us......

apart from wanting to thank you for all the sound advice, there is something at the moment she said to me thats weighing heavily on my mind......

i've had to bail her out of a debt rising from buying hash,
    i knew she smoked, but it wasnt until recently she told me how much smokes........i'll be honest, never really did the whole hash thing, wish i tried it out, so I could be more help to her....

the thing is.........i think shes trapped, everyone she knows, her mates etc, are all in debt coz of drugs.........met one of her "mates" last nite, and it only made me more worried...........he was a scumbag, she knew i wasnt impressed, wasnt supposed to meet him, just bumped into yer man by accident....

she told me in passin that to stop smoking would mean she'd need to find new friends, i know she was only buzzin, but i can see how hard it would be for her to suddenly stop like that.....i've explained that I'm going nowhere, and will be there to help her in anyway, but i've made it clear I want her to kick the habit......
    and I dont mean just cuttin back, i want her to kick it altogether....

i know most of the planet have smoked at one time or another, but i'm lookin at her position, and i cant stop thinking that down the road, shes gonna get caught in a far worse position......

if its a case of doing something new with her everyday, just to open her mind to whats out there, apart from the **** surrounding her on her street, i'll do it, but i need some advice......

as i said, i've known her a year now, and i know she didnt smoke when I met her, whats wreckin my head is that the next few years tend to shape you into the kinda person your gonna be,

life is about decisions and you all know yourselves, a decision you make can bring around big changes in your life....(for the good or bad). whats wreckin my head is that now for her she had two choices, one easier for her than the other, but I WANT her to be strong enough to make the break, i know in there somewhere, there is a person strong enough to move on, but i feel that she needs my help.....

any advice, i'd greatly appreciate it,
    Rgds
    hurleymike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Eh, just know that you can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved.

Advertisement