Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angry at ehost.com!

Options
  • 06-07-2003 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am trying to get a refund from ehost.com for one of their crappy products that I foolishly signed up for.

I cannot get a reply from their support or sales team.

Does anyone have any experience of ehost.com?

advice?

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Although everything about that site just looks dodgy, they won't want droves of angry people complaining to credit card companies about charges that they want refunded.

How long have you waited for a response?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You also have to ask yourself if you are entitled to a refund - their T&C may have stated that they may offer a crappy service!
    What was wrong with their service and can you back it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

I have been waiting for a response for 2 weeks. Very shoddy!

I just rang my credit card company and if ehost do not respond in 30 days they will force a refund.

So everything looks good..................

<fingers crossed>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Just out of curiousity, what was the nature of your complaint?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

"edited after previous comment didnt make much sense after re-reading" :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Sposs
    I think the fact they have the words "Dirt Cheap domains" on their site mean there not to be trusted.

That depends.

just because something conveys a sense of 'cheapness' on their site doesn't mean they did anything wrong!

No, but you can tell from the site they make their money from people who don't know what they're doing. That's not illegal, people would tend to call that business :)

The people using it, I would guess be the sort who've been hearing about this internet thing and want to cash in on it. They'll learn the hard way.

A vast majority of them I would bet, would have an @aol.com address.

They're not even that *cheap* !!!

We sell domains at a lower price than they do :D

Originally posted by nahdoic
    No, but you can tell from the site they make their money from people who don't know what they're doing. That's not illegal, people would tend to call that business :)

The people using it, I would guess be the sort who've been hearing about this internet thing and want to cash in on it. They'll learn the hard way.
    Originally posted by blacknight
    They're not even that *cheap* !!!

We sell domains at a lower price than they do
    a bit like €ircon?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by kbannon
    a bit like €ircon?

Well.. not that extreme..

imagine if ehost was the only place on the net that you could buy domains from ... now that's a scary thought. every website in the world would be reduced to a few lines of text on an awful background colour.

luckily eircom have only been able to wreak their havoc to an irish population with an abusive monopoly ... this is going way off topic. :)

If ehost used their own sold services, they wouldn't actually be able to provide the services they do provide ... oh dear ... does anyone else that's a little ironic?

I'd still like to know what it was about their service that went wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Basically I registered the domain and I wanted to set up some sub-domains and email forwarding, which I have no down for free with enom. I paid for their domain dashboard and it didn't work, no redirects, no subdomains, no website!

Anyway I have finally received a reply from their accounts departments and am waiting for my refund (waiting........)

Advertisement