Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have UTD lost their ambition??

• 06-07-2003 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭

OK so UTD were right to cash in Beckham but what are they planning to do with the money.

They need a Goalkeeper a center half a right winger and a striker or at least an attacking midfielder.

Is Sir Alex playing a waiting game or does he think he doesn't need new players.

Ronaldinio now looks set for Real Kewell or Duff don't seem to be arriving.

Their midfield needs some new additions quickly I don't think Keane will remain fit enough to play a major role next season, Veron hasn't performed yet, SO:

Are UTD lacking Ambition??

Are Man UTD lacking Ambition 19 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    57% 11 votes
    Sir Alex has something up his slieve
    42% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

you signed Djemba Djemba and Bellion 2 players for the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by smuckers
    you signed Djemba Djemba and Bellion 2 players for the future.

I'm not a united fan just a soccer nut, Djemba Djemba and Bellion are good players but hardly going to win you the champions league!!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Ferguson said that he will buy one big name in the summer to light up the Champions League for United. I'd say we'll see more signings coming United's way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

We already have a keeper. We got Tim Howard. An outstanding shot stopper. But ill say no more on him...we will see him when we do.

As for a centre half, i think we need one too.

As for Midfield, we have Darren Fletcher for the right. And i think we need a replacement for the left, i say Duff will come still.

Kewell is defo goin to Pool. I think he will do well there.

As for the Ronaldinho deal, the sooner the better. By wednesday this shud be finished. Im sick of hearin about it. He will be a real player or a Utd player.

To be honest, the media is circulating such utter **** at the moment. I dont think we will know whats happening till the season kicks off. This ronaldinho thing has been goin on for weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

No united have not lost one bit of their ambition. if you had seen the itv post title winning interview you would of noticed that fergie seemed more determined than ever to win the champions league he stated something like "I dont think that two european cup titles is testimony to the size and greatness of this club we need more". yes it was a pity about ronaldinhio but im sure they can find someone else. Ferguson`s interest in claude makelele suggests that Roy keane may partner rio ferdinand in defence next season. He played great there against Juve there`s no reason to suggest that he wont play in that positon in the future.

• Advertisement

yes it was a pity about ronaldinhio but im sure they can find someone else.

Slow down a bit will you? Its not over yet...
    if you had seen the itv post title winning interview

Where can i see this btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I don't think they've lost their ambition, but it is worrying that the Ronnie fiasco has been dragged out for so long!!

It was in the papers last week that Fergie told Kenyon not to pay anymore than £15 mill for him & I doubt that Real are in a position to pay anymore than that for him.

They are deep in the Red again & with the buying of Becks, they've probably hit the max they can spend. Who knows though, they may have another piece of land somewhere that the Madrid Council will buy off them for 50 times its value!!

I still think that United should put in solid bids for Gattuso [to partner Djemba - move Keane into the centre of defence] and Ronnie for the right wing & offload Veron to Chelsea for £40 mill [that Russian owner they have has no clue of the value of the money he is throwing about]!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

no thanks better players than Veron.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

There should be a few players introduced from the youth ranks this season. Tate, Fletcher, Stewart, Nardiello, Davis, Webber and Djordic(??) are getting to the age where they need first team football to progress. If they're not going to be involved then I would expect them to be moved on to another club.

Nice to see my poll is generating some interest, I have to say I didn't think it would be as close, but then again theres a lot of ABU's out there.

• Advertisement

Ah the poll itself is a sack of ****e and i aint paying any attention to it cos its a ridiculous question if you ask me. I mean "Have Utd lost their ambition"?...the answer is no through and through.
    I still think that United should put in solid bids for Gattuso [to partner Djemba - move Keane into the centre of defence] and Ronnie for the right wing & offload Veron to Chelsea for £40 mill [that Russian owner they have has no clue of the value of the money he is throwing about]!!

Keane will never be in the centre of defence. Im so sure of it. Ronaldinho will never be on the right wing. He's not his best there. And i dont want Veron going anywhere. Hes a great player.

Lets not forget Richardson who is still relatively young but quite good.

Originally posted by 50Cent
    Ah the poll itself is a sack of ****e and i aint paying any attention to it cos its a ridiculous question if you ask me. I mean "Have Utd lost their ambition"?...the answer is no through and through.

Really why have so many people voted then?

Keane will never be in the centre of defence. Im so sure of it.

He already has, and if he isn't going to play there who is??

ye and he was utter ****e when he played there for Utd.

And 19 votes out of 119 views isnt anything special.

I just think its a stupid question.

ye and he was utter ****e when he played there for Utd.

So who is going to play there then.

Whats with the negative attitude it's only a general discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think United made a big mistake in selling Beckham before signing his replacement Ronaldinho. Everyone knew that Beckham would join Real Madrid, so there was really no need to rush the deal through, they should have waited until Ronaldinho was signed, sealed and delivered. However, they didn't and they let PSG know exactly how much money they'd received from the sale, and subsequently how much money they had to spend.

Why would PSG then sell Ronaldinho for less than United sold the inferior Beckham?

Im a big fan of Utd. Im not being negative on purpose. Keane was utter ****e when he played in central defence for Utd. Hes too superior for that role.

Super_furry, good point there. I dont know what the hell is going on?

Will someone answer me this? Ok, Real said today there in no rush to sign Ronaldinho. ROnaldinho said hes "overjoyed with being linked" but there has been no contact. I dont see why they dont want Ronaldinho if the ycan get him(Real im talking about)...hes superb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

united are too tight fisted, and unless they sign a big player this year, they are screwed!

Im startin to think they are myself. They have the money. Why dont they go for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

they'd want to start cloning roy keane before the 2004/05 season. thats wierd actually, if you could mix 2 players, who would you mix? who compliment each other?

Interesting question...

Id mould Keane with Viera.

So that would give a player who is ridulously aggressive, less injury prone, a very attacking player and very defensive and also excellent pace and strength as well as good passing attributes the respective players have...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Will someone answer me this? Ok, Real said today there in no rush to sign Ronaldinho. ROnaldinho said hes "overjoyed with being linked" but there has been no contact. I dont see why they dont want Ronaldinho if the ycan get him(Real im talking about)...hes superb.
    Real are fairly well packed with attacking talent already. You're right, Ronaldinho is class and he will get better. Real are in a transition period at the moment, I don't think they are going to hold on to a lot of the talent that they have for too many more years. Bringing in Beckham has made the likes of Figo nervous and if Ronaldinho were to be brought in this Summer as well, I think half the team would be looking for the exit unnecessarily.

The likes of Figo, Zidane and Beckham are all at a stage where they will not be getting any better as players. They will play this season and then I reckon half of them will start exiting, that will be the time that you will see Ronaldinho arriving. They will probably sign him this Summer but it does make a certain amount of sense to lend him back to PSG for another season, he's still young.

Looks like Ronaldinho could yet go to UTD:

http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Story_Page/0,7760,640917,00.html

Question is at what price????

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Interesting question...

Id mould Keane with Viera.

So that would give a player who is ridulously aggressive, less injury prone, a very attacking player and very defensive and also excellent pace and strength as well as good passing attributes the respective players have...
    Djemba seems to more or less a Roy Keane type of player. I think Fergie could make him into that type of player too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,909 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

keane and cantona in one player would be perfect, if a little aggressive =)

Advertisement