Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlecraft Yet Again

Options
  • 06-07-2003 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

this months pcgamer dvd came with the full copy of Battlecraft 42 and all the sample maps included, which i thought may have been my original problem getting a test map to load, that i didnt have those dled,

but alas no, the same problem has croped up again, i tried to test a map again today and it got to the end of the load bar and froze my machine completely

So my question is has anyone ever gotten anything to load from battlecraft to bf 1942, if you have are you using just a clean install of bf1942, no mods at all installed ETC ETC

Regards
    Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Managed to get this working on desert combat at least, now I can make modern warfare maps, did a map last night, nothing much and it ran like a dream them something happened had to restart machine and i lost the whole bloody thing

oh well back to the drawing board, still cant do anything in vanilla bf though, still refuses to go past the end of the loading screen

Regards

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I havent given Battlecraft a go in a good while. It is hard to understand on the whole compiling process. Though, really it is still in Beta so its not complete.

I find it hard though to work still, dont know how to add water without having to spent an hour lowering all the land in the bloody map as far as i can go then to mold some sort of island shape out of it to discover you mis-judged your sizes by 2:1 .. dammit. ill try again someday, someday, sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

I know what you mean winters, to get it working in desert combat requires patience and a whole lot of instructions, plus if your not careful it gives a whole heap of errors and you lose all your work, so what i do now, is keep a backup copy of what ive done so far before i even try and test a map, im taking it one step at a time not trying to pile a whole lot into one sitting, you do that and ye crash simple as that.

What i cant understand us some people have no problems at all in running batllecraft, while others just have continuing probs the whole way along, anyhoo if ye wanna try DC maps

go here

http://forums.bf42.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30743

Tells ye all ye need to know, dont download the first cfg and lst files in the post i think its the third or fourth page in has the right settings for it

Regards

Shin

Advertisement