Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unable to host games on eircom

Options
  • 06-07-2003 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Why am I unable to host any online games with eircom. I can start it up, but nobody can join. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Unstable

what game is it?
    are you behind a router/firewall?
    do you have port forwarding enabled?
    do you have Dmz enabled?

questions questions :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

1 - any game
    2 - no, unless eircom just has one
    3 - don't know how do i check?
    4 - see 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Korg

Is your dsl modem internal, inside your pc or an external one?
    Are you running any personal firewalls or the likes on your pc?

external...and like i said - no firewall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Korg

Is yor externam modem acting as a bridge or a router?, i.e., do you have the pppoe dialler software on you pc?, or does your modem handle the pppoe stuff, if the latter your modem is acting as a router & you have to forward the ports the game requires through. What make is your external modem (usb/ethernet?) What ip address does your PC get? (win2k, at command prompt type ipconfig, win98 type winipcfg)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Get a mate to run a port scan on your pc.

Gav

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

More of a nets/comms issue. As people have already said, check your ports and any kind of firewall software you have.

Moved.

Originally posted by Korg
    Is yor externam modem acting as a bridge or a router?, i.e., do you have the pppoe dialler software on you pc?, or does your modem handle the pppoe stuff, if the latter your modem is acting as a router & you have to forward the ports the game requires through. What make is your external modem (usb/ethernet?) What ip address does your PC get? (win2k, at command prompt type ipconfig, win98 type winipcfg)

Yeah the pppoe stuf is on my comp. My modem is an alcatel speed touch usb

Advertisement