Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on ear cartilage piercing?

Options
  • 06-07-2003 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

i've been dying to get something pierced for absolutely ages, and i've kinda decided on an ear piercing, but from what i've read and seen online, the two i'm most interested in, rook and anti-tragus with a bar, are possibly the most painful piercings to get, and to maintain, so i'm kinda wussing out!
    i already have the outer helix (bit at the top- everyone and their granny has one!) pierced twice, so i'm somewhat familiar with cartilage piercing, but i'm still kinda chicken!

so if anyone has any cartilage piercings i'd be grateful for any advice you could offer- and also if anyone can think of less painful alternatives, that'd be great too!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Amanaka211

I have a helix piercing. I didn't get it done by a studio though. All of my piercings so far were with guns :o but they have all healed fine and are ok, (ones still in the process of healing) I have two in each lobe, one on either side half way up my ear and a helix on my left side. I was looking into getting a rook also. Today was the day I was going to go and when I got there they guy told me that they are known to mirgrate out becuase the cartilage is very thin. So I said I don't know if I want it done now if i pay the $53 and get it done and then it just come out? So I told him I would think about it and look at other piercings he said he could do something very original with a combination of piercings they sounded really cool. So my advce? Go talk to a good studio piercer. They know whats best.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I have a two point conch to conch ear scaffold ,got it done about 10 months ago
    Out of all my piercings i have to say that this was the sorest,the piercer had to punch the top part 3 times just to get the needle through the thick cartilage
    it has also taken 10 months to heal as i fall asleep on my ear and whathaveya but after all that it is still my favourite piercing :)
    Expect a good bit of pain but if you cant stand the pain,dont get pierced:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Kalikat

I was just going to post a similar question! I've wanted my tragus pierced for ages. I know quite a few people with it done, but they all had it initially pierced with a ball-closure-ring, and I'm really quite keen on a small bar.

Thing is, I get the feeling that it might heal faster and be easier to clean with a BCR. Does anyone have any experience with getting their tragus directly pierced with a bar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Fair Enough

Kalikat wrote:
    I was just going to post a similar question! I've wanted my tragus pierced for ages.
    Thing is, I get the feeling that it might heal faster and be easier to clean with a BCR. Does anyone have any experience with getting their tragus directly pierced with a bar?

:D
    I got it done directly with a bar. My piercer reccomended this way because it heals quicker with a bar than with a ring. Cleaning can be tricky though because you can't see it (obviously) :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Kalikat

Thanks for the info, Fair Enough! have you had any problems with the healing at all? I'm psyching myself up to get it done this weekend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement