Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Discworld PC Games

• 05-06-2003 7:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

so who here has played the discworld pc games?

i bought the first one when it came out and played it (on my p120 i believe.. or was it the p||233 .. man those were the days) .. i never really liked it. i mean it was great to be able to control rincewind and make him say all kinds of funny things
    but the whole puzzle element of the game never sat right with me, i had to buy a walkthrough book to get through any part of it (hey, i was young!) and even then I quit playing very early on in...

there were two others weren't there? not sure what the second one was but wasn't there a thrid called discworld Noir?

I'd be interested in hearing what people thought of em.
    also maybe ask in here for some tips and cheats hehe
    (not that we condone that sort of thing)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Played and finished Discworld2. Funny, apart from the bits that were merely plagiarised from the books. Some daft puzzles.

Have yet to try the Discworld MUD, I still don't know if it's any good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

I tried to play the games.
    I found that they just annoyed me as the characters didn't match up with the images/concepts i had of them in my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

They sucked, I'm sorry i love the books, the ideas but the games suck ass. Too limited and narrow, no random madness and lacking in sub-texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Chowley

I played the first game and I loved it.

Discworld II

and

Discworld Noir both got excellent reviews.
    Noir is supposed to be one of the best ever examples of a point and click adventure .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

I got discworld noir, and i thought it sucked :/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

all the discworld games so far have been rpg's..

i wouldn't mind seeing a kind of strategy game, placing you in the patricians chair and having to deal with ankh morpork. and all the other neighbouring states

or maybe a game based on the life of gen. a. tacticus?

"I can see your house from here"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dredz

I have them all.... I didn't really like them keeping in mind when I got them. I was young :P

Second one wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Played both DW 1 and Dw 2, enjoyed the second one alot more than the first. Alot of character interaction which is always good ...

Dredz, could you do something about that sig. It is longer than most of your posts and in breach of sig rules.

Mordeth the Discworld games are point and click adventure games not RPG they are two totally different Genres.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

heh, right sorry :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

/me has Discworld 2, and it is a very enjoyable game. although in Act 3, can anyone tell me how to get the Deep voice?

This should help you Conor.

Discworld 2 hints FAQ's and guides

If anyone needs help with a DW game or any other game go here.

Game FAQ's

:D
    :ninja:
    :D
    :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

i have a copy of noir, is it worth installing?

i remember the first one. coldnt find the broken drum on the map, it is small and invisable, so i got hopelessly stuck and gave up ... :(

From what I have read Discworld Noir is one of the best point and click adventures ever.Install it.Install it.NOW :D:D:D:D:D

illegal software = bad

admitting to having it on the net = stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Played the first game years back on the Playstation, loved it. Very tricky, with very obscure puzzles (meaning lots of use-everything-on-everything moments unfortunately). Typical pTerry humour throughout was what sold it for me though.
    If anyone has a copy lying around (Playstation version for guaranteed compatibility's sake) and wants to make a quick buck I'll take it off your hands...

I got Discworld Noir a while back, played about 10 mins of it and got a bit bored, but I haven't had the time to go back to it.

Used to play the MUD years ago, around '96, '97 iirc

i was unaware that they were available on the PS at all

Thats what I played DW 1 on too.
    I've only gotten into PC gaming recently.
    Damn CS.:ninja:

balls, mah discworld 1 cd has made a magical disappearence! BAH!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Anyone got a copy they want to get rid of so?

• Advertisement

Just started playing this game recently, pretty damn good!

AND i got through to the second act all by myself, no walkthroughs/hints!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

oops! you broke your personal rules

merged with the pc games thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I have Noir and its pretty good. At times the graphics are over ambitious and don't quite pull it off, but generally its a really good game. The soundtrack is especially good.

Played DW1 and thoughtit was decent. Not played 2.

Advertisement