Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky reportedly to slash Sky+ price

• 07-07-2003 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

From Tracy Swedlow's ITVT bulletin...

Sky May Halve Price of Sky+ Subscription

--Tests of Broadband ITV Svcs. May Herald Intro of Sky+ BB Adapter

[itvt] has learned that BSkyB executives are seriously considering halving the price of a Sky+ DVR subscription to £5 per month, as part of a major marketing push set to begin in August/September. Sky's decision to charge a monthly subscription for Sky+ is widely believed to have limited uptake of the box to date, as potential customers are unclear as to what they are getting for their money: SkyDigital subscribers are already provided with an EPG, for example, as part of the platform's standard service offering. [itvt] has also learned that Sky is actively field-testing interactive-TV services designed to take advantage of broadband connectivity. This leads us to believe that, as part of its planned Sky+ marketing push, Sky will introduce a plug-in adapter for Sky+ that will make the box broadband- capable. The existence of such an adapter was mentioned in a presentation to financial analysts by Sky CEO, Tony Ball, last July, but since then, the company has remained silent about its broadband plans.

In other Sky+ News: Sky is now offering the box in the Republic of Ireland. It is charging EURO399 for the box itself and EURO15 for the monthly subscription.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DC

This is really what I have been waiting for - broadband connections with Sky/Sky+.

But, knowing Sky, they will probably still charge something for using email, etc. It would be very handy if we could have web access and email access through Sky using broadband at no extra charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i would be more ikely to upgrade to sky+ if the subscription was reduced, so fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Retailers have been telling them this for a long time, wonder why it took so long to fugure out the obvious!

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I'd be more likely to upgrade (and prepared to pay) if:
    o I could record "other Channels"
    o I didn't get charged at all for recording
    o It would still at least record FTA with no sub.

It doesn't meet any of these criteria unfortunately.

Gratiously missing features form Digibox and Sky+ for marketing reasons, not technical:

o At least 4 Way Disqec switch control
    o Decent "Other Channels"
    o More Symbol Rates
    o See properties of "Other Channel"
    o Block unwanted channels entirely
    o Ala carte Package option. I don't get onion in my Burger even in McD. Why should I get SkyOne in EVERY package?
    o Option for 3rd party CAM
    o Better favorites menu system
    o Blank unwanted / unsubscribed progs on Guide.

Advertisement