Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea £50 million for Henry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Is today April 1st?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Me thinks these ruskies have been drinking too much of the vodka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

In real terms, it's a definite no, but with today's inflated market i'd say yes.

I believe he is comparable in value with the likes of Zidane/Ronaldo/Van Nistleroy.

As a United fan I hate admitting that I'd love to see him play for the devils :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

No player is worth 50 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Hes a very good player but theres no way in the wold he is worth that much

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

He's a player any team would be proud to have but as kaids has said, no player is worth 50 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jesus H! Why does Chelski think waving wads of vulgar cash about will immediatly make them attractive to the worlds top players? Many are'nt even sure if Ranieri will be in charge come the season never mind anything else....

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by PhatFiesta
    In real terms, it's a definite no, but with today's inflated market i'd say yes.
    Todays market is less inflated than it was 2 or 3 years ago. There has been a lot of money talked about this summer but the truth is that the biggest signing so far was Beckham, the most marketable man in soccer right now going for just 25 mil.

Most of the top teams were afraid to put there hands in their pockets last year and that hasn't really changed yet this year. I'm sure there is a few big signings on the way, but so far it has actually been quite slow again.

Advertisement