Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTVIP Usage

Options
  • 07-07-2003 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Ok, so we are a week into UTV IP flat rate internet. How many hours have you used so far?

Between my girlfriend and I, we have used about 30 hours. most of that would have been used at the weekend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

my isptimer says i have 156 hours left..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I've used about 40 hours since July 1st, mostly during the day 'cause I've been at home with a broken leg so use the net at peak times. It's so nice to be able to access during the day for no extra cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

What are U guys using to time your connectivity?

I use a program called Internet Timer. It's excellent.

I use isptimer - its (advertising free) freeware.

you can get it here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

9 hours so far.. I'm still petrified to connect during peak times :D (thats the years of mental conditioning for ya)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

am i going mad or did i hear that there's a way to check your usage on the utv site?
    i can't seem to find it anywhere

am i going mad or did i hear that there's a way to check your usage on the utv site?

Your going mad, Tman:D

But seriously, I stand to be corrected but i think its been asked for by utvip customers on a number of occassions but its not actually offered by utv as part of their service.

However, its not really a big deal ..just use a timer like the one in my post above..i simply click on it whenever i want to go online instead of the browser icon ..it brings up the dial up connection popup and then i click connect...when the connection is cut, the timer stops..very simple, very effective.

Unlike last month, i know exactly where i stand this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,398 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

actually it is a big deal as i use more than one system to dial out at home so i have to run two timers and add them together (an online system from utv might convince me) especially for business users who might have several machines and a router. but i guess utv aren't interested in business (certainly not with the current packages)

Originally posted by ednwireland
    i have to run two timers and add them together

1+1 = 2
    2+2 = 4
    3+3 = 6

or have yo uever heard of the calculator or even an abacus? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭drjolt

Originally posted by tman
    i can't seem to find it anywhere

IOL have this very useful feature, but UTV don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭swoofer

Just browsing and saw this post about checking internet usage.
    I use a thing called TICK and it tracks all your dial ups regardless of who u use and it gives good summaries and its FREE!!

look here

http://www.reallyeffective.co.uk/

gb--

Originally posted by Eurorunner
    However, its not really a big deal ..just use a timer like the one in my post above..i simply click on it whenever i want to go online instead of the browser icon
    yeah, but 3 different people use this pc, each with seperate logons, it'd be so much handier to just be able to check it out on the web...

TICK sounds like the perfect app, just about to d/l it now... cheers GBCULLEN.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

About 20 hours so far.

I'm using LineControl on my Debian router to manage dialing up. There's a client application on each PC, and it tracks online time by user, which is cool.

i'd definitely reccomend using TICK for monitoring your usage...
    http://www.reallyeffective.co.uk/
    handy little app, nice one gb:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

1+1=2

Nope! the answer is 3

you forget.. we also have zer0
    so by the time you have got to 2 you have actualy counted 3
    0,1,2 :D
    Then again it probably just the sloww onset of insanity that starting to hit me after all these years of having to contend with just being allowed to count from 0 to 1 ..
    1010010100101001001001001001...... ww) :D

Advertisement