Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Request: Forum Request

Options
  • 07-07-2003 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭

It seems to me that most of the Feedback/Suggestions board is currently taken up with requets for new forae (sp?). My suggesting is that we create a new board specifically for new forum requests under the Admin community.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

do you not feel each request is getting the propper attention or do you just want to organise things under their own heading ?

If its that latter then where would the madness stop, too many fourms would be created eventually and become a pain to navigate ?

if its the former then maybe its a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

The latter actually. I believe that each request does get its' due concern. But I also think that there are so many such requests that they probably deserve thier own board or a sub board, such as happens in Sci-Fi for example.

Why would you think the creation of such a board would lead to more boards created then are already created?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

Hobart:
    Why would you think the creation of such a board would lead to more boards created then are already created?

Because if you create a board then there will be one more board.
    It sounds a bit mad I know but think about it.

here I'll show you mathematically:

(x + 1) > x

Cer-razy I know.

Originally posted by MrNuked
    Hobart:

Because if you create a board then there will be one more board.
    It sounds a bit mad I know but think about it.

here I'll show you mathematically:

(x + 1) > x

Cer-razy I know.
    Slighty missed my point but thanks for clarifying that, Einstein. Lets have a Flammers board instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

Hobart my origional point was that most of the fourms have a broad enough scope to deal with all the issues that people may want to discuss. I think Feedback/suggestions is the ideal place for fourm request's and I dont think there are to many of them to require a dedicated fourm IMO.

So if the fourm was didicated just organise a repeating topic then there would be no end to the creation of Fourms and sub fourms Me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

I have a fantastic idea, why dont we create a forum for every possible thread on boards, then we wont need subject tags!

Doesnt anyone else think that boards is already too fragmented, with lots of forums that seemed like a good idea at the time, but which get no traffic?

A

Originally posted by Asuka
    I have a fantastic idea, why dont we create a forum for every possible thread on boards, then we wont need subject tags!

Doesnt anyone else think that boards is already too fragmented, with lots of forums that seemed like a good idea at the time, but which get no traffic?

A
    Now your just being silly.

I dont know about other fora. But if you look at my original post the request should make some sense to you. The nature of a bulletin board like this is that it does/should grow exponentially. All new boards that are created "seem like a good idea at the time". The fact that there is little or no traffic on some other boards is of no concern to me. There will always be requests/ideas for new boards.

Advertisement