Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Data protection changes ?

• 07-07-2003 4:01pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the best place to ask. - feel free to move.

Does anyone know where I can find out about the practical impacts of recent and upcoming changes in data laws ?

What information MUST a company retain and make available - esp. emails and internet access records - what information a company must not hold onto (eg: marital status except for wages / next of Kin ? ) and how long it must be retained... - and how one verifies that someone requesting info is allowed to see it and how much they can see. (eg: Guards / BSA / next of kin)

We all know what the gov't considers acceptible for companies to charge for such info by thier recent hikes.

I take it if an employee accesses the internet while at work the company is treated as an ISP - is this correct ?
    What DATA must an ISP retain ?
    When is an ISP is obliged to report activity to the Guards ?

Since many companies will have younger people in on work experiance what issues are there with regard to being able to access adult sites etc. ?

Ok all of this would still need legal advice to be kosher (but some of the laws conflict and won't be resolved until a precident is set in court..) - I'm looking for general recomendations or an AUP for use in a work environment. - How much of a "nanny state" / "big brother" should there be ?

Other stuff - is any of this enforcable unless staff sign something ?

Advertisement