Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POS Finance

Options
  • 07-07-2003 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

has anyone ever dealt with them?heres my story.

I bought a computer in June 2000 on finance over 4 years at 60.81 each month.(payments taken out 28th of each month) Now i never made a late payment and was always well ahead in payments. So i decided to pay if off a year in advance. I called them to tell them i was going to close the debit account and to give me a settlement which was 736.96. Right sent in the cheque and was cleared almost immediately.
    Got a letter today insisting that i owed 60.81, gave them a call, found out that the settlement i was given was minus one months payment! Did i ask for that?..no. I told them i was closing the account, therefor no debits could be taken out. This was 3 days before the next payment was due.Its not the money its just the plain rudeness of them. I know its a mistake but not my mistake, i mean really i dont have the time to be worrying how much i have left to pay. I was never late with a payment and paying it off a year early ya know! I was talking to an extremely rude person who was the Collections Manager.It got me so worked up. I'll never pay anything through them again.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

use a credit union next time, get c.30% of the total purchase price in there first and then get the loan off them

cheaper and far more reasonable people than never never companies + you will never get a black mark if you are basically ahead of schedule.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

thanks Muck :) will keep that in mind.

Advertisement