Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircon get their bottys smacked

Options
  • 08-07-2003 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this has been posted but.......

slap em baby oooo yea

Gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.It seems Eircon are getting it from all angles :D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭obewan

Now isn't that awful, makes one feel really sorry for them.

Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by obewan
    Now isn't that awful, makes one feel really sorry for them.

Mick.

I hope you were being sarcastic ... otherwise your with the enemy, thats a crime :eek:

This was discussed before as it was on the ASAI site and posted last week if am an not mistaked. Still, its nice to see it on Yahoo among other places. The outside world may catch a glimpse of this and feel sorry for us and our broadband ways :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭obewan

Originally posted by Winters
    I hope you were being sarcastic ... otherwise your with the enemy, thats a crime :eek:

I think the tone of it should let people know it is sarcastic. :D

Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'll move this into the other thread about Eircom misleading the public with this particular advert in a day or two (I just like the title of this one:D)
    The first complaint surrounded the statement "surf as long as you like, for a flat monthly fee" as it applied to I-stream. Faultfinders said that "a flat monthly fee" was misleading since the product was subject to a download cap of 4GB per month and if users went over that cap they would incur extra costs. Eircom said that it did not believe that the download cap had a material effect on the product offer. However, the ASAI backed the complaint.
    Any product with a limit where the user can incur extra charges can't be described with this phrase. This lays down a rule for future descriptions of a product that we can refer to in future complaints to the ASAI. Take note, anyone who's offering a broadband - or a 56k - product. I will complain, my complaint will be upheld and you will stop using the phrase or anything that sounds like it.
    Concerns were also raised over Eircom's claims that the price of broadband had been reduced by 50 percent, with detractors noting that the new version of I-stream was actually a slower version than the product priced at the higher rate. It was Eircom's position that I-stream Starter (the lower-cost version of the product) was still a part of the company's broadband range and therefore the statement was not misleading. The ASAI complaints committee disagreed and upheld the complaint.
    As I've said before, selling a 400g loaf of bread for half the price of an 800g loaf is not halving the price of bread. A 400g is part of Pat The Bakers bread range but you don't see them lying like this.

I'm skipping commentary on the other upheld complaints as they're pretty obvious attempts to mislead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Score one for the good guys :)
    nice one to all who complained :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement