Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Business package ?

Options
  • 08-07-2003 2:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Ive just been to the UTV clicksilver site but there is no mention of a 1mb business package ?.Ok i know they are just starting up here but does anyone know if they intend to provide such a service with no cap.Also i note they have only a 128k upsteam I thought 256k was the norm ?.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

AFAIK, they are only re-selling €ircon's RADSL service which is a residential service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Unfortunatly 128k upstream is the norm here in the e-tub. The only dsl service offering higher is eircoms top package and esats LLU adsl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Indeed i was looking for a business service and checked out both esat and eircon.

what was on offer

Eircom =speed down ? speed up ? price €169 unlimited

Esat =1mb down 256kb up price €175 cap ?

so neither seem to be forthcoming with needed info.

PS. found this while looking for those of you close enough to actualy get something FREE out of eircom.

Free Wireless Broadband From Eircon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by Stonemason
    Indeed i was looking for a business service and checked out both esat and eircon.

what was on offer

Eircom =speed down ? speed up ? price €169 unlimited
    1mb down 256 kb up.
    Esat =1mb down 256kb up price €175 cap ?
    No cap.

Esat and Eircom's non-capped products are pretty similar. Slightly lower contention ratio on the Esat one, but Esat's is only available in a small number of exchanges.

I dont supose you know if interleaving is on esat ? i remeber people complaining that eircom wont switch it off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

I dont supose you know if interleaving is on esat ? i remeber people complaining that eircom wont switch it off.
    People have reported low pings on Esat's business ADSL. I don't know if it is off or just turned low.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Esat dont use Interleaving. They use a thing called FastPath which afaik is similar but doesnt affect latency to the same extent (or at all) As a result pings are very very low, in the 20-30 region.

Thats what i was hoping to hear.

Advertisement