Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bulmers ad

Options
  • 08-07-2003 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

Name that tune time again...

There's a (really annoying) radio ad for Bulmers Light currently plaguing the airwaves - the backing track is 'there is a light' or something like that - whose song is it? I heard maybe the Stunning or The Walls, perhaps some erudite individual could enlighten me... it's for research purposes of course.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

sound's like lyic's from the smiths, but i haven't heard the ad itself. it probably is them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Is this Bulmers Light "light" on alcohol or whats the deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

I suppose it's kind of like Coors Light; less calories not less alcohol. I'd imagine it's designed to appeal to the 20 - 34 female market, so they'll have their work cut out in an overcrowded market place: Smirnoff Ice, Bacardi Breezer, Archer's Aqua, Ritz, all the bottled beers, etc.

I'd say it will disappear after the summer, only to be remembered in years to come on 'Worst Marketing Blunders' lists in papers like the Sunday Business Post.

That's my two cents.

By the way, I found out it's the Devlins, but the song title still eludes me... any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Yep it's The Devlins, song is called "There Is a Light" off their 3rd album Consent. Not that I listen to them or anything...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

thanks space coyote, more power to your devlins knowledge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement