Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Eels

Options
  • 08-07-2003 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

Last night..... WOW!
    that was such a fantastic gig! i wish it never ended. who else saw it. it's made me decide that the Eels are the best live band ive ever seen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

kinda sad i missed it :( dont like their new album though,kinda sucks.not enough "rock" like.

[btw,its "eels" not "the eels"]:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu

sorry i'll go kill myself

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

....besides we didnt think you listened to anyone except belle and sebastian.

sorry if i frightened anyone... but it's true i listen to more then just one band in fact i listen to many bands sorry to destroy people's image of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu

im pretty sure either is correct....
    if it wasnt why were they introduced as "ladies and gentlemen, the eels?
    and why is the official website address www.theeels.com?
    and a friend of mine has an eels t-shirt from their last gig saying "if you think im cute you should see the eels

i just have one question- what happened to butch? where was he? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Damson

Mewzel:

Butch is drumming for Tracy Chapman, think he’s touring with her at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ilovehoovering

can someone tell me what they played from Beautiful Freak? and if they did Last Stop:This Town? and did E support himself as Mc Honky or what? thanks.

oh and which is worse "the eels" or "the doves"? i reckon "the doves" - grrr.ha.

They did indeed play Last stop this town. they also played Beautiful Freak from the album of the same name and it's a complete mistery as to how supported.
    supporrt was done by a fat old man with a pipe, durring his set i thought that it's probably E dressed up (he seems to like that sort of thing. but later both E and the old man were in the VIP booth just as the eels started and E crawled down from the box onto the stage. but at the end the Old man came back on stage for a few moments after being introduced by E as Mc Honky.. so i don't know what was going on there.

Advertisement