Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Fiction

• 08-07-2003 11:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭

(worth a thread on it's own for the next few weeks as the tabloids put their over active imaginations to use)

so far chelsea have been linked with Ronaldhino, Viera, Henry, Kewell, Figo, Nedved, Kluivert, Duff, Dunn, Davids , Rooney (lol) Sol Campbell (lol) and Pele to name but a few.
    If we sign one of the above I'd be surprised.

In addition chelsea have bid
    £50 million for Henry , which i really doubt .as this ain't great business sense but amusing in a wind-up sort of way.

Roman Abramovich has alledgedly said he wants to pick the team (maybe he thinks it's like at school? ) and Ranieri has alledgedly said he will leave if he isn't in charge of team selection.

This morning's Sun says that mr abramovich offered to buy cagliari (the club) for $20 millions in order to get Zola back.

Any new nonsense linking Chelsea to .. Bosnich for $45 million etc. welcomed :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If Ranieri goes, it will be the biggest mistake that Chelsea have ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Originally posted by super_furry
    If Ranieri goes

More Chelsea fiction me thinks. I wouldnt believe anything you read about Chelsea for the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

apparently CFC have withdrawn an extended contract to Eidur Gudjonsen

seems well bizzare , why would Chelsea let him go ? ok he has a special relationship with gravity and hasn't outperformed this season, not great at poker but it still seems insane to be showing such a player the door he is still class IMO

http://www.planetfootball.com/article.asp?id=153756&cpid=8&title=Blues+withdraw+Gudjohnsen+offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

this abramovic guy is some 24 carat gobshíte:

In todays Star it says that he offered Cagliari 2 million to tear up Zolas new contract so he would return to Stamford Bridge. When they refused to let him come back, he said he would just buy Cagliari? This lad needs to spend his money!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

The Gudjohnsen story is crap he's expected to put pen to paper tomorrow. :)
    My concern of Roman is that I hope he's not considering brinig in a manager just because he konws he can't control Ranners.
    As for transfers CFC never comment till a deal dones. ;)

• Advertisement

Sven Goran Eriksson seen chatting to Abramovich

Seems a bit daft too, I don't see how Sven would do a better job than Ranieri now, too much change too quickly would set Chelsea back rather than take them forward regardless of a cash surplus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

ranieri is staying

unfortunately none of the worlds best players want to play for chelsea though :p

well its good to know that Claudio has been reassured of his future,I've just been on the CFC site and apparantally one reliable girl knows who targets and you won't be really that surpised thats all I'm saying.

the dutch international stricker Robert De Bilde ? (bob to his mates)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

glen johnson for six million and geremi for 7 million i think that is the right side of the team sorted as for this link with erickson we dont want or need him as he completly ****ed up lazio by bying everything that moved and now look at them he practically bankrupt the club give CR a season to see what he can do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by JohnnyBravo
    glen johnson for six million and geremi for 7 million i think that is the right side of the team sorted as for this link with erickson we dont want or need him as he completly ****ed up lazio by bying everything that moved and now look at them he practically bankrupt the club give CR a season to see what he can do
    Look backward to what CR did with Valencia, he is a classs manager and will do Chelsea well. When are the first signings going to be?

glen johnson west hams young right back will sign by the end of the week and geremis agaent has come out and said that chelsea are favourites to land him if we can just get rid of that zenden to inter and replace him with a player who can do more than kcick the ball in front of him and run we could be pushing for third next year but it all depends on who else we sign

you guys have 2 I heard there was 2 more I'll reveal at the end of this post, Geremi would be a great signing as he can play in 3 diff positions, CM RB and RM, Glen Johnson has lots of potential.

the 2 more

Wayne Bridge
    Christian Vieri.

:)

so the mid could be

Geremi (left) Lamps Petit Jesper

wouldn't rule out a Parker deal yet.

chelsea have had a bid for edgar davids rejected today but hopefully we can get rid of gronkjear cos he is pure and utter ****e

no way should they get rid of gronkjaer , the guy is a genius of some sort , he scare the bejaysus out of every team he plays against, guaranteed to take the ball past anyone (except robbie savage) I suspect that he will learn how to cross the ball this year and be player of the year next year (possibly)

Vieri , isn't he as bad as Redknapp for injuries and isn't he old and haven't we got 4 strikers , like to see forsell and cole play a bit this year.

Geremi , would be a great coup though
    but would we need parker then, he'd be on the bench surely ?

lad have you seen gronkjaer play this year he was rubbish he gets the ball runs at players and looses it he couldnt cross his fingers and the easiest pass of a ball is ignored by him he never tracks back and had two good games at the end of last season he is not a genius a genius is zola bergamp and giggs and dont even get me started on zenden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Just heard that Del Bosque was approached to be Chelsea's manager but said he won't entertain the possibility while the club still has a manager.

Seems like Abramovich is looking to oust Ranieri.

Jesper was poor at the start of the season but improved immensely did you not see him racing back to tackle Henry in the FA cup at Highbury? his crossing has to improve but he gives us another dimension.
    Viera story is a bit fetched I think, Johnny we need midfielders regardless if Geremi can play there as we've lost Morris and Enrique De Lucas.
    Bannor when you see it on CFC TV then we can worry but till then the gutter press are at its very best .:rolleyes:

Originally posted by smuckers
    Bannor when you see it on CFC TV then we can worry but till then the gutter press are at its very best .:rolleyes:
    My source is not the gutter press, he's well connected to Barcelona and his brother in law has the inside track at Real Madrid - see some of the Real Madrid/ Ronaldinho/ Kluivert threads for examples of how good the guy's info is.

• Advertisement

now it's duff !!!

duff on the left and jesper on the right with geremi and lampard inthe middle would be a fantastic line up , with a trim Gudjonsson and a hungry jimmy up front

and it would be bleeding great to have an irishman at the bridge !

The thread is "Chelsea Fiction", so gutter press applies:D

Bid for Vieri was rejected,
    Closing in on Jeremi for 8/9 mil
    17 million bid for Duff.

Don't think blackburn will reject that, if Duff wants to go Chelsea could end up with an amazing team. Good move for Duff, CL football.

As a Liverpool fan I'm not sure that we will be overtaking Chelsea easily this season. Luckily I think the main focus for Chelski will be the Champs league so maybe we can capitalise on that.

Over here in Madrid, it taken that he'll be playing for the Ruski next season...the price quoted by the BIL was 7 million Euros.

Real Madrid are offloading some players to finance the Beckham transfer. 7M Euros would be an absolute bargain for Geremi.

Duff bid was turned down. They know ye have money:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

From www.aertel.ie

Blackburn Rovers have turned down two offers for Damien Duff Blackburn chief executive John Williams revealed this morning. Williams would not confirm how much had been offered by the Blues – but stressed that they hope to keep the Republic of Ireland international winger at Ewood Park.

"We've received two bids from Chelsea and we've rejected them," Williams confirmed. "We don't want to lose Damien. We hope he stays."

However, Williams revealed that Duff negotiated a release clause in his contract when he signed a new four-year deal at Blackburn last season.

The Rovers chief continued: "It depends how serious Chelsea are about wanting to sign him. There is a release clause in the contract he negotiated last year. If conditions are met with the bid naturally we would be obliged to let Damien talk to Chelsea - or any other club who met them and the decision would rest with the player. There has been intense press speculation and I don't think it's fair to talk about the amounts (of the bids). But a very serious bid has been made and rejected - and we want the player to stay."

Looks like he may still be going.

It is unusual for them to point out the minimum fee release clause. Sounds like they would be happy to take it if it was offered. I pressume they are hoping Chelsea guess above the release fee - unless they have inside info like a certain scouse team had not so many years ago:D

Geremi deal all but done 6.9 fee agreed, the Johnsen deal has been exagerrated its only about 2 to 3, and Soton say Bridge isn't for sale but Bridge is tempted.
    we obviously want Duffer and would be a huge coup.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

does anyone know what team duff supports?
    hopefully not united, liverpool by any chance?

i heard that 17mill was the price blackburn were looking, perhaps duff just doesn't want to play for chelsea

Don't know what team he supports but Liverpools spending has finished, heard last night.

• Advertisement

if his brain is anywhere as good as his boot he'll be very tempted to go to chelsea, CL football, excellent team, and one of the few clubs not to be penny pinching, in the next few years (given present state of affairs) only chelsea and man u will have the joy of not having to worry about silly distractions like money.

Think it's worth having a tenner on Chelsea to win the league!

welll i think they are dealing with it we just signed geremi right side of the park and now we will get duff as the mighty pool ahve no money and utied are after ronaldinho so they cant get him the future is bright

well the bids were 12 and 15 if CFC match Rovers valuation, then they have no choice he'll be able to talk to us, this is interesting times at CFC Geremi, Johnson, and possibly Duff.
    The future is very rosey. :)
    The midfield next year will be interesting
    will Geremi parner Frank?
    if Duff would come who would play out wide? the obvious would be Jesper and Duff

but it could
    be.......

Geremi, Petit, Frank and Duff unfortunately Jesper makes way.

whats all this about PSG saying tha Barca and Chelsea have made written offers for Ronald Mcdonald?
    I thought Utd made a bid?

wouldn't be surprised to see Manu make away TBH if duff comes in
    although I can't see Ranieri playing with Duff and Gronks, anyway spoilt for choice , I'm not complaining

btw: hear that Leicester haven't taken up any tickets to the first home game of the seaon due to prices presumably , very strange

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

Id love it if Utd got Duff...

That would be so cool.

CFC are really going for a spending spree...interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭insomniac

Originally posted by eyerer
    does anyone know what team duff supports?
    hopefully not united, liverpool by any chance?

He supports Celtic. So at least there'll be no chance of him going to Liverpool and having his creativity and talent and everything else good about him sapped by Houllier's "belt it up forward" tactics. Chelsea will have no qualms about paying £17m for him. Looks like next season will see Chelsea as the only team capable of putting up a serious challenge to ManUtd, except for perhaps Newcastle.

P.S. Before you say anything Arsenal missed their chance last season and won't be strenghtening the squad too much this summer cos of the new and expensive stadium so their title challenge will be non-existant.

well the latest is that he's expected to complete a 17m move to the bridge next week a deal close to be concluded.

thing to look out for next year:

Johnson giving Mario a run for his money.
    Geremi's drive and tackling
    Franks range of passing
    the ball sticking to Duff's feet when running with it.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

That lad Glen Johnson is such a good defender.

The press are having a field day:

so we're supoosed to bid for Veron a daft signing where would he fit in? and will not happen.
    The big one is a bid expected for Gerrard in the next 48 hrs suggesting it will be 50million no way he is worth that much 20-25 max.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

The signings Chelsea are making are absolutely brilliant. I was afraid they would go the Real Madrid route but what they seem to be buying is young developing, hungry talent.

Johnson and Geremi are both young wonderful players, Duff is the best left sided prospect in world football and is still only 24. ****ing smart smart signings. None of this stupid £50m on one player business. At least not yet.

Henry could well be worth the £50m too. Best striker in the world IMO but unlikely as **** to happen though.

Thank god for Chelski. This close season just got interesting.

I hope this Veron business is nonsense , even for 14million I don't get it and don't see what we would do with him ok he can pass the ball but chelsea don't need him at this time.

next thing we'll be linked to heskey to replace jimmy floyd lol

Hey Growler you'll be glad to know that the Veron story has been denied by Kenyon.
    But some good news I've been informed by a CFC fan that 2 deasl are done and dusted but won't be announced on Friday.

1. can play wide but better eqipped left CM
    2. defensive minded can attack with pace :)

we are really playing mind games with the press we are holding all the cars at the moment.

another signing could possibly still be done. :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by insomniac
    P.S. Before you say anything Arsenal missed their chance last season and won't be strenghtening the squad too much this summer cos of the new and expensive stadium so their title challenge will be non-existant.
    hahaha.

Duff bid just got accepted
    davids bid just got accepted

Any one who thinks that arsenal wont be challenging this year is a dope they still have the same team nothing has changed they will want to reclaim the trophy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 toughbuk

chelsea fans, ye cant buy the tiltle, still i wish we at liverpool had your millions but we have kewell now:D so hopefully a sustained title challange.Stil its an exciting time to be a chelsea fan if ye manage to sign duff and avids

i dont like kewel he is a good player but he is a showboat only ever plays well when the cameras are on him besides GH will probably turn him into a left back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 toughbuk

well maybe but i hope he becomes more consistant, we already have a class fullback in finnan:D so theres hope

what about carraghar he is pure class the way he runs up that wing and attacks players

Originally posted by JohnnyBravo
    Duff bid just got accepted
    davids bid just got accepted

Any one who thinks that arsenal wont be challenging this year is a dope they still have the same team nothing has changed they will want to reclaim the trophy
    When was the Davids bid accepted?

• Advertisement
Advertisement