Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on TV card

• 08-07-2003 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Hi this is a TV turner card that they are going selling from Aldi on Thursday
    I was wobder if anybody knew anything about them
    Sorry it in germen

Dec

Euro 49.95

Medion AG
    PCI Stereo TV/FM Tuner Karte
    Stereo Tuner Karte mit 9 Bit ADC Technologie und PowerVCR II 3.0
    Best.-Nr. 50005718
    Ausstattung:

Philips 7134 Chipsatz
    9 Bit ADC Technologie (für bessere Bildqualität)
    TV Stereo Tuner
    Europaweiter Empfang durch Multinorm Tuner
    FM UKW Stereo Tuner für den Frequenzbereich 87,5 - 108MHz
    Videotext
    Eingänge/Ausgänge:

75 Ohm TV - Eingang
    75 Ohm FM - Eingang
    Video Eingang FBAS
    Video Eingang S-Video
    Audio Ausgang (3,5mm Klinkenbuchse)

Lieferumfang:

Audio Verbindungskabel
    Umfangreiche Installations- und Anwendersoftware auf CD-ROM
    Echtzeit MPEG-1/2 digitale Video und TV Aufnahme-Software (PowerVCR II 3.0*)
    FM Wurfantenne
    Systemvorraussetzungen:

IBM-kompatibler Pentium® II Computer mit 500 MHz Prozessor oder höher
    Ein freier PCI-Steckplatz
    Mindestens 64 MB Hauptspeicher (RAM) (128 MB empfohlen)
    Betriebssystem Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP
    CD-ROM Laufwerk
    Terrestrische TV-/Radioantenne oder Kabelanschluss
    VGA-Grafikkarte mit einer Anzeigeleistung für mindestens High-Color (16 Bit) & Direct Draw
    Vollduplex-Soundkarte mit16-Bit-Sound Blaster-Kompatibilität
    24 Monate Garantie

* PowerVCR II 3.0 macht aus Ihrem PC ein digitales Aufnahmecenter. Sie können Ihre Lieblings-Fernsehsendungen über Ihre TV-Karte aufnehmen und sie entweder in VCD- oder DVD-Qualität abspeichern. PowerVCR kann von verschiedensten analogen und digitalen Quellen Aufnahmen machen. Das Programm bietet Ihnen mehrere fortgeschrittene Funktionen wie Time Shifting und Multi-Channel Vorschau, die Ihnen die volle Kontrolle über Ihren Aufnahme-Prozess geben. Mit der Time Shifting Funktion können Sie das aktuelle Programm jederzeit unterbrechen und später zeitversetzt weitersehen. Die SW beinhaltet weitere Features wie Videotext und Aufnahme von Screenshots.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Heres the english text description given in the aldi flyer. Was planning on picking one of these up also.

PC TV Tuner Card 49.99
    Upgrade your computer with this card and access TV, FM radio and teletext to your monitor. The software also enables the digital recording of television programmes onto your hard drive. The unit contains the state-of-the art Philips 7134 chip set giving ultimate reliability.

Also keyboard & mouse on offer for those who might be in the market...

Keyboard with Mouse 29.99
    Digital cordless technology, using two radio channels, giving the highest standards of reliability. Wireless keyboard with nineteen freely-programmable hot keys and pre-set functions for email, internet and multimedia. Optical five-button mouse with vertical scrolling wheel, and with no mechanical parts and no need for cleaning, can operate on almost any surface. Freely-programmable lateral keys and scroll wheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

http://www.aldi.co.uk/specials_01_11/pc_tv_tuner_card.html

is the nearest one to cork city in Ballincollig

but ballincollig's a hole :(

heh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

did anyone get one, i got there at 10 am and they were all gone, who'd have thought so many people would get up at 9 on a thursday morning to buy a tv card

the mind boggles

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

I was in parnell st at 10:30 all gone
    security gard said they probally have them in colock store
    He said they go 20 where collock would get about 100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

i was in Galway for 9.30..they were all gone...they told me there werent many:mad: Know someone who was in Castlebar for 11...they were all gone.

Can anyone who was in early please tell me how many they had in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Mark_irl

I was in the Coolock store at 9.30 sold out, I was told they only got a couple of dozen, did they actually have these at all,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭xen

I heard they only had a few but i dont know if they are telling the truth tbh!!

:mad:
    I'm pissed off alrite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

sounds far to cheap for a card with that many features...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Na not too cheap... it is Aldi after all and the features are not impressive. Anyway i have seen cheaper cards than that. The only thing this card has is HDD recording and thats probably software based and not hardware like a PVR card like say hauppage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by Saruman
    Na not too cheap... it is Aldi after all and the features are not impressive. Anyway i have seen cheaper cards than that. The only thing this card has is HDD recording and thats probably software based and not hardware like a PVR card like say hauppage.

I bought one in PC world for 32 IRP (punts - remember them?)
    They still sell them for about 40 euros.

They can record to HD in Time Shift Mode (sort of like SKY+) - where you can pause live TV - if you use software - eg. Power VCR Recorder.
    But its so anoying as there is a delay of about 2 or 3 seconds when you change a channel whith the Time Shift turned on..

Also recording TV to hardisk is not great quality - even with cable.

ozmo.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
Advertisement