Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3650 and MMC cards

• 08-07-2003 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Ello,

I got a TwinMOS 128meg mmc card for me nokia 3650, but when I slap it in I'm told memory card is corrupt. I can format it (or appear to) but it then tells me its corrupt again when I try to save the memory card name.
    Now, I'm sure the problem is that the MMC card just isn't compatable with the nokia 3650 - is there anything I can do to correct that?

Thanks

bubbs, the boy wonder.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Wow another person with a 3650!! Where did you get yours?

Well I have a 64MB card in mine and its working fine and I know loads of people with 128MB MMC cards and they work fine.

Either:

A) you have a MMC SD card which is different than an ordinary MMc card and will not work

OR

B) your card is faulty.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by *******
    Ello,

I got a TwinMOS 128meg mmc card for me nokia 3650

if formatting the storage card in the intended device is causing problems - general rule of thumb is to try and format the card on a PC (using a card reader) or in another device and try again

some people have posted on other forms that the phone's firmware/software verison can be a factor, however, the 128MB TwinMOS MMC card appears to be causing problems for 3650 users with details here and here

there is supposed to be a standard but some vendors cards work better than others (or just don't work!) depending on the equipment

P.S. Secure Digital cards are just called SD cards (not MMC SD, MMC cards are seperate, SD just retained the general form factor - although they are thicker and have different contact configurations - it allows for MMC cards to be used in most devices that provide an SD slot - but not vice-versa - an SD card should be too thick to fit into an MMC slot)

hth,
    BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Thanks for that DubWireless - very helpfull.

So, the question now remains... do you know anywhere in Dublin I can get the MMC card formatted? I have no other MMC device, or know of anyone with one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

you could try a photo developers - some of them now take flash media (as a form of digital film) and develop prints from the files stored - but i wouldn't pin my hopes on it - from that guys posts it sounds like even if you format it on another device it could still not work

might be best to try some 3650 forums and see if anyone else has managed to get that brand and capacity running ok in their 3650 (and if so check what firmware/software they are running):
    my-symbain Series 60 forum
    nokia3650.net forum
    allaboutsymbian 3650 forum

i remember looking for a 128 MMC card last year for the Ericsson MP3 player attachement and did some checking first on esato.com, there were a few incompatibility stories with some cards so i posted and waited to find someone who could confirm a particular brand worked ok

hth,
    BrianG

Advertisement