Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 1/4 inch floppy drive or company to save

• 08-07-2003 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi
    I'm doing a bit of tidying up at home. I've a stack of old 5 1/4 floppy disks. I would like to keep some of these, but the old PC with the needed drive is dead and the controller card is an ISA so it won't work in current PC.
    Anyone know where I can buy a drive and card or anywhere I can get the job done? I potentially have 50 or so floppys to copy, but I'll need to scan their contents to be sure.

thanks
    -rob-

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

the 5 1/4 drive shouldn't need a separate card, just hook it up to the ribon cable that connects your current 3 1/2 drive.

some 5 1/4 drives have a card edge connector though, so you will need to find an adapter, or a different flat cable.

Advertisement