Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ntl:ireland

• 08-07-2003 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi,

I co-own the website ntl: dtv and we're looking to include information about NTL's digital cable services in Eire. I have a few questions which I'd be grateful should someone be able to answer them for me...

1. Is the channel line-up the same across Dublin, Waterford & Galway?

2. Is the channel line-up still the same as the one posted here? And are there any new additions since then?

3. Does anyone own this STB? If so, what is it? It looks rather sleek!

4. Is the Irish platform exactly the same as the Langley platform in terms of STB software?

Thanks in advance,
    Frazer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Channel line-up isn't the same in Galway anyway ... I don't have NTL digital anymore, but we (in Galway) were always missing the EMAP music channels, and last time I checked, the UK Gold, Bravo etc hadn't been added here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

1. No, There are more channels available in Dublin than Waterford and Galway.

2. Click here for an updated list of channels including new additions
    (The channels with asterisks are available in dublin only)
    (Nick Replay is missing on that page - it is no 132 (Dublin only))

3. As far as i know this box is not available in Ireland (Not sure about the UK)

4. I dont think so

For more info on NTL digital in Ireland you should visit ICDG's website which also contains a review of NTL Digital in Ireland.

ICDG's website

Also NTL's website might give you some info.

www.ntl.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 cdc

And no Eurosport:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 foxtrot_yankee

Originally posted by celticfc
    1. No, There are more channels available in Dublin than Waterford and Galway.

2. Click here for an updated list of channels including new additions
    (The channels with asterisks are available in dublin only)
    (Nick Replay is missing on that page - it is no 132 (Dublin only))

3. As far as i know this box is not available in Ireland (Not sure about the UK)

4. I dont think so

For more info on NTL digital in Ireland you should visit ICDG's website which also contains a review of NTL Digital in Ireland.

ICDG's website

Also NTL's website might give you some info.

www.ntl.ie

Cheers mate. You're not bad for a Celtic fan :p;)

Thanks for that channel lineup

Aren't subscribers in Galway and Waterford a bit annoyed?

That STB is not available in the UK at all. The Di300 which you lot in ROI get, isn't available in the UK either.

Looking at those links you gave, it seems that ROI software is more or less the same as NI software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭Calibos

Heres our di300

pic010z.jpg

From what I gather it seems to be a renamed version of the Pace4001NC. ie a lowcost, low spec STB.

One scart, one card slot, no uhf passthrough, no L+R audio outputs. Does do composite and RGB though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

That Looks NOTHING like the STB that they gave me. I got Digital when it first came out. My box keeps crashing in that sometimes when your flicking through the channels. the box and picture freezes or hangs... NTL have this plausable deniability thing going about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Got digital in summer 2001 myself, and its a grey coloured box that also keeps freezing and crashing. It was actually a display box from NTL's offices in Galway. Since leaving the roost I've gotten Sky and don't know what I ever did without it.

NTL Ireland only started supplying this new STB to new customers since January of this year. As for blackouts, I've only had three in the six months I've had NTl Digital and all were sorted by unplugging and pluging the STB back in 30 seconds later.

Still not sure what this STB is...

NTL-Di300.jpg

Also, does Ireland have an 8 day or a 3 day EPG. Here in the UK, it was reduced to 3 days to save bandwidth.

Originally posted by foxtrot_yankee
    does Ireland have an 8 day or a 3 day EPG. Here in the UK, it was reduced to 3 days to save bandwidth.

We have an 8 day EPG. I wouldn't be surprised if that changes though because they removed Front Row here in Ireland to free up some bandwidth a few weeks ago.

When do you plan on updating your site with the irish NTL info ??

• Advertisement

I'd say its the equivelent of a concept car at a motor show. Nice to look at but they never put into production because of production costs.

Originally posted by celticfc
    When do you plan on updating your site with the irish NTL info ??

A lot of people here would kill for an 8 day EPG.

The Irish section will launch just as soon as I have enough info to make a page of it. I'm also wondering if it would be worth making an Irish section of the forums or whether the current ones can be used for both the UK & ROI.

I've just noticed that the Di300 in Calibos' post above is silver! :eek:

There's high demand for a silver STB in the UK. They are not available though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

spose you will tell the cousins in england bout the MMDS digital service that NTL also provide.

dublin galway and mayo are their franchise areas (not waterford ISTR)

MMDS? Of course. If it's provided by ntl and it's digital, then it'll be on our site.

Here's a preview of the channel lineup page.

http://dtv.ukpcnet.co.uk/chlineuproi.htm

I hope everything is correct. If Front Row has been removed, is channel 197 non-existant now?

If Front Row has been removed, is channel 197 non-existant now?

No , channel #197 is the On Demand pay per view channel (generally just boxing and stuff).

Here's a preview of the channel lineup page.

http://dtv.ukpcnet.co.uk/chlineuproi.htm

I hope everything is correct.

I just noticed a couple of things:

UK Gold 2 is on ch #124 (not shared with UK Gold +1)

& there's no Attheraces on ch #171 anymore.

Advertisement