Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

favourite game controllers

Options
  • 08-07-2003 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I was just wondering what the most favourite or best (for what ever reason) game controller you use.

There are all sort of joy sticks, game pads etc, but I still play my games with the direction keys (Ctrl and Num 0 for lean left/right), guns on Ins, Home, PG Up, etc and a laster Microsoft mouse with all the buttons and wheels.

But this is the button combination I've been using since DOOM (and the mouse since DukeNukm).

Should I change, or try something else or is this just the bis :confused:

The Duke : ))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Where leaning is concerned, I've always been comfy with delete for left and page down for right, and end for leaning forward if the option's there. Started it with Thief, never looked back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Personally I'd use the keyboard for all my games (though I wouldn't mind having a steering wheel for the racing ones)

I use the usual WSAD combination for up, down, left and right respectively.In the "Keyboard Style" poll people have said the use the RFDG combination (I think) Which I'm contemplating moving to because it has easier access to more buttons around them and you'd be hitting the space bar (for jump usually) in the center rather than at the side (I don't wanna bust up my dads nice keyboard :rolleyes: :p)

For the mouse I use button 1 - fire, button 2 - alt. fire (unreal tourney), wheel - change weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Keyboard and mouse for the most part as I mostly play fps' and god games. I have a saitek joystick which I use occasionally for MS combat sim and an MS forcefeed back wheel that I rarely use since I started driving in real-life(tm).

I keep thinking about getting a gamepad for emulated/arcade games but I usually get distracted by all the shiney things when I'm in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

strange combination.... I like Ctll and Num 0 as the thumb and small finger lye on it anyhow - all other action I do through the multi button mouse (IntelliPoint stuff) - MicrosoftExplorer, that's what it was called

So the key board + mouse combination seem to be the best then - I play fps ONLY - was never into sport racers, etc. outside of the C64 where there just wasm't the choice - yes, I've been arround for a while and commenced my gaming addiction on a ZX Spectrum 128KB +2 with a 8.33Hrz processor!

The Duke : ))

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

For FPS the mouse and wasd is the best control scheme by far. Been using it since Quake.

For anything else the best controllers I've used were the Gamecube and N64 controllers.

The bworst would be the fat box fat controller or the itsy PS controller which is only comfortable now because of almost a decade of use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

the original playstation dual shock(not the crappy spongy ps2 version) is the best one ive every laid my hands on with the gamecube's one a close second as it improves in every way the almost flawless n64 controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

don't play pc games, but for consoles, 64 followed very closely by the gamecube, then dc and xbox. the playstation controller is about the same as the atari 2600 in comfort, what a piece of ****.

Advertisement