Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New eircom marketing strategy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jackbauer

yes its digital dect cordless philips phone on special offer from argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

The clock is ticking for eircom. Anyone know if it is defo 30 days they have....??

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
    RE: order reference #############
    Eircom 4012 phone

Dear Sir or Madam,

I wish to place on record that I had no dealings with eircom in relation to the above sales order, I did not give any instructions to eircom in regard to purchasing this item, nor was it requested by anyone acting on my behalf. Therefore I shall be treating this item as a unsolicited good under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980, Section 47. The item may be collected by prior arrangement at my home address as detailed above. If the item is not collected within the period specified under the terms of the act I shall then treat the item as unconditional gift and any rights of eircom to the item will be extinguished.

I would also remind you that it is an offence under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980, Section 47 to demand payment or invoke collection proceedings in relation to unsolicited goods. Therefore I would reasonably expect that demand for payment for this item will not appear on my next eircom bill for the account number: ###########

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I rang up to get my parents phone taken off the bill and I was told to send it with my account number back to:

St. Johns Logistics,
    Eircom,
    St. Johns Rd.,
    Dublin 8.

I think I'll ring up again, seems like €ircons staff each have their own set of €ircon T & C's that are different from every other staff member

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Originally posted by bk
    Where?, I figured you could probably be able to get them cheaper over the net, however I haven't been able to track any down. It seems like maybe Eircom have an exclusive deal with Siemens.

I bought them off Amazon.de for a lot less, they should be widely available though.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by sixtysix
    on a different tack, switched to utv last october and this evening i had my fourth visit from an eircom rep hoping i would switch back.
    amazing i never met a rep before last october.
    It is amazing - if they paid half the amount of attention in trying to keep their existing customers as they do in trying to get the sensible ones back then they would have no competition!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by dahamsta
    I made a whole day of it. :)
    Well by the time they eventually get round to serving you it would have been the best part of a day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Originally posted by BigEejit
    I rang up to get my parents phone taken off the bill and I was told to send it with my account number back to:

St. Johns Logistics,
    Eircom,
    St. Johns Rd.,
    Dublin 8.

The cheek! Tell them to get off their arses and come and collect it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

We paid the rental charge on our phone, a while ago but not for the last 3 years, when the phone we had broke (around a year ago i think) we brought it into the eircom store and had it replaced, for free, as if we were paying rent for it, HAH! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I rang up again today and said I dont want to pay for the phone anymore ... alright says she, whats your phone number ... do you have a phone ... yep says I, one I bought in argos .... done! says she.

No mention of sending back the phone, no BS, just done.:D

Back on topic.. Maybe the mods should split this? This was originally about eircoms illegal 'inertia selling' of a 4012 phone.

My bill came out two days ago.

<rant>After me moaning about not being able to query my bill until it 'comes out' - I think they have a whole team with calculators and laser printers typing them up! - why the hell account enquiries can't see a bill before it presented for payment is beyond me</rant>

Rang 1901. Asked if my bill was (finally) available.
    ...Biddy:Yes, it is.
    me...Is there a charge on it for a 4012?
    ...Biddy:Yes there is.
    me...Well, I didn't order it, and it is an offence under the Sale of Goods act to charge me for it.
    ...Biddy:You didn't order it??
    me...I've rung you twice and sent a letter to HQ.
    ...Biddy: Well what you'll have to do is send...
    me...Excuse me, I don't have[/] to do a thing, eircom have a duty to collect this and certainly don't have...
    ...Biddy: <hangs up>

Not a happy camper. Ring back, speak to another Biddy and then get the whole thing taken off as a refund. Hang on, doesn't this mean that they get 150 sovs for two months?? Ring back again, apparently not. Finally somebody apologises on behalf of eircom I'm thinking about sueing for damages after I fall off me chair in shock. An apology...from a Biddy????

A few hours later get a call from eircom. When will I be in so they can collect the phone. Better question, I say, is when do you want to collect the phone? We'll ring you back they say.

'How about the 10th of August' I think, 'when it will be legally mine, that suits me best'.

Anyone else get sent a 4012??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Me too. Just rang 1901, asked to buy phone off them. Yer man said it was worthless and will remove the 4.10 + VAT from my future bills. Deadly, but should have done it a year ago. The fiver I save will get me FilmFour instead.

thegills

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Did I read somewhere that Eircon would send you out a 'free' replacement rental phone if your old phone was faulty???

I might send off for this, then tell them to feck off with the equipment rental charge:D !

Oddly enough I still haven't got my 'physical paper' bill which was supposed to be issued last Tuesday...hmmm...

Boo Hiss! Eircom rang today to arrange a time to collect their 4012 phone that I didn't order (within the 30 day time limit too, damn :( ). Oh well, at least they billed me for it :rolleyes: so I can at least have the satisfaction of sending a copy of my bill to trading standards as it was illegal of them to bill me. They were very interested that eircom might be inertia selling these phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Paddyo

HI

Phoned 1901 and told them that I had not used my Harmony phone for years - I am now going to get 2 years credit for this phone on my next bill.

At last somthing from Eircom!!!

Paddyo

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by dahamsta
    I didn't know there were any telecentres left, I thought The Good Sir Knight and Sorearse and their chums needed the firesale to break even. Yes, they should take them back in the store's.
    adam

It seems Eircom have come into abit of money, they've re-opened long dead stores around the country.
    The one in waterford open in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

This thread has been quite informative, just wondering our house phone from eircom is ancient it even has the old phone number on it with only 6 digits is it possible to ring eircom up and them them to send me a new one? and then get them to drop the charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Attreu

Dataisgod - Even better say you've been using a phone you bought yourself since the numbers changed and the might refund you back a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭SEAMUSD

I went to my local Tesco store and was confronted by some bloke wanting me to sign up to E SAT he gave me a free phone with answering machine I gave him my bank details and all that stuff, this was over a year ago no money has been debited from my account, never heard a thing from them THANKS FOR THE PHONE E SAT

Advertisement