Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem trouble!

• 08-07-2003 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Have a MSI KT3V motherboard, running windows XP (business machine). Installed a CNET CN5614RV modem that i got from komplett. Have been trying everything to get it working, reinstalled the driver loads of times, got the mobo update, modem update, changed to nearly avery com port(@com3 default). Windows detects my modem no probs, installs grand but it wont dial at all & when i try Query Modem in Diagnostics it says "cannot open port" !!

Isint the first modem ive installed, infact have installed another CNET CN5614RV in about 2mins before. Am totally stumpt and any help would be appreciated !!

Thanks in advance , LOKI

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Isint the first modem ive installed

Is that on that motherboard this time around? It sounds like the modem is F.U.B.A.R.

Either try that modem in another pc to confirm or try a new modem in the 'KT3V'

Cal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Have another CNET modem up at home suppose ill grab it and see if it is the modem. Both are brand new so im doubting its the modem (even though i said the same about a new faulty network card a while back). Cheers thats a good idea.

Advertisement