Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN Expansion

Options
  • 08-07-2003 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

Have any of you guy's purchased NWN shadows of undrentide?
    I got it the other day and have been playing it a bit, so far it aint bad. Wont say anything else, but I give it the thumbs up:D .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Seems to be about €29, anyone seen it any better? I think smyths is the cheapest at just under €29

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

€29 in game, but there's 10% off so it works out at approx €26

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Is anyone getting it. I swore I'd not be buying any more games but I might make an exception in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

I'll get it from the states. With the € high and the $ low, it'll cost around 20€

I'm still not sure whether I should pay 20€ for 3 or 4 new classes... everything else has been added with the 1.30 patch for normal NWN (even the new spells!)

Ah... wth, it has to go into my collection...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭glimmerman

pretty sure I saw it in smythes for 24.99 ... that was about a week ago.

wonder if its worth playing co-op? anyone? rev, any chance of having TWO (one for SoU, one for "other") perm. servers up?? :):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Not really to be honest, nwn isnt exactly the most server resource friendly beastie about :)

Ohh btw I picked up the expansion pack today at smyths for 24.99 euro plus a whole 62 cent off cos I got one of those loyalty cards, so there you go.

ohh ohh btw btw If the server is back in time tonight I'll continue the dreamcatcher campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Dont think you need SOU server as the 1.30 patch supports the expansion and classes.. so unless we go with the suggestion a few weeks back of playing the campaigns online and not offline...

Originally posted by Saruman
    Dont think you need SOU server as the 1.30 patch supports the expansion and classes.. so unless we go with the suggestion a few weeks back of playing the campaigns online and not offline...

nah, tried it a few nights ago, you can't connect to SoU campaign servers without SoU....

Also, BTW it seems that if you create (or edit) modules under SoU, those modules can only be used by SoU clients.... so we may see a bunch of modules start going "out of reach" without SoU soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

arg! those bastards!

They know how to make cash... well, so lets all pay 20-25€ for a few new classes...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

well, I've played a little bit of it.

I dont think it would work too well co-operative. Seems much more one hero oriented than the first NWN.

New classes, can't really see myself using them (though the blackguard does look quite tasty and apart from the drawback of being an elf, the arcance archer looks very nice indeed).

The feats though... my 4th level fighter armed with a greatsword just cleared a room of about 12 kobolds in one round... droooool.

and there are some excellent monk based feats (extra damage, extra attacks, no attacks of opportunity for movement, extra stunning fists).

Mages and clerics get a nice boost too.

I just hope the other prestige classes can be added to the game as there are some really excellent ones out there (Kensai - sword saint, ninja, etc.). As well as some nice mage prestige classes that really boost their survival chances.

Worth €24? IMHO: yep!

• Advertisement

yeah, I think I'll probably get it too.... I guess at 24.99 its not too bad... does it come with a nice manual, map etcetc? or just the cd?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Been playing this for a few days

Have a lvl 9 character

6lvls ranger 1 lvl Wizard and 2 lvls Arcane Archer

The arcane archer class is pretty nice but its a pity rangers cant take it straight off without taking a level in another magic using class. Theyre made for that class(or rather it was made for them). Would make an excellent class for a Bard, a good way of giving them a bit more punch.

Were the extra feats available without SOU? I was playing on a campaign server and they didnt seem to be(yes i was at 1.30)

Advertisement