Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dredd vs Death trailer

Options
  • 08-07-2003 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

i can't help but get the feeling that i'm the only person that's getting excited about this game.
    this is the e3 trailer & i'm gonna have a look for some new screens later...

http://www.2000adonline.com/images/movies/Judge_Dredd_E3_Trailer.mpg

oh yeah, 2 dredd movies are in production dredd reckoning and posession
    hopefully these 3 combined will help drag dredds name out of the muck after stallone raped it:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

yea stallone should have been shot many times in the face and tehn stabbed a bit for that film. i mean the only reason i watched it was 'cus twas dredd :D

that trailer's farely nice - can't wait for the game...i mean...its dredd...done well!!!

could you imagine the amount of suicides if you booted up the game only to find stallone's voice when dredd spoke...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Dredd has suffered the seemingly normal curse of the superhero games and movies being arse.

That said, there's a new crew running 2000ad that seem to have a lot more creative control over these things.

The movie was pants, everything was wrong. The only good points were Mean Machine and Hammerstein.

A decent game immersing oneself in Megacity 1 would certainly make up for that tragidy.

I AM THE LAW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

i can't help but get the feeling that i'm the only person that's getting excited about this game.

Not if the feedback Eurogamer gets every time we open our mouths about it is anything to go by. Personally, I'm not ENTIRELY convinced by the look of the game so far, but god, I so want it to be good...

Although personally, my vision is for a GTA3 style game set in the Big Meg, where you play a Judge out busting perps on the streets... It would work so damn well with free-form GTA-ish gameplay too. Mmm. Ah well... maybe some day :)

(In the meanwhile, for pure "confusing the americans" value, I demand a Devlin Waugh game :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by amp
    That said, there's a new crew running 2000ad that seem to have a lot more creative control over these things.
    yeah, gwan rebellion!:)
    after playing avp1 & 2 i can't think of a team i'd rather have handling a dredd game.
    Originally posted by Aragorn
    could you imagine the amount of suicides if you booted up the game only to find stallone's voice when dredd spoke...:eek:
    lmao, "uh ahm dur law!" - "why god, why???" *bang*
    hopefully they'll use the voice of whoever's playing joe in the movies... (jean reno if rumours are to be beleived...)

ah well, glad i'm not alone:)

Hmm... I didn't hear the Jean Reno rumour. I'd kinda assumed that since the movies are CG-animated, they would use the voice actors from the Dredd audio dramas...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Shinji

(In the meanwhile, for pure "confusing the americans" value, I demand a Devlin Waugh game :) )

LOL! Wouldn't mind seeing a Swifty based game myself (you know it mocks sense ;))

I watched the Dredd vid and heard some gravelly "I am the law" and "life imprisonment" sound bites which will do nicely.

The 3d models of Dredd seem to be based on Colin MacNeills artwork, which is nice.

When the movie was rumoured (for eons) I always thought Clint Eastwood was the perfect choice. Right voice, right chin. Doubt he'd do ever it though.

cg???
    that's the first i've heard of it & i spent an hour googling for info about the films & game last night.
    i'm pretty sure it's going to be a live action film...

that's the first i've heard of it

Well, when Rebellion first took over 2000AD the Kingsleys were talking a bit about CG movies, and I think when they opened the movie subsidiary earlier this year there was muttering about that again... Admittedly I couldn't name you a direct source for that right now. I'll do some digging.

(Personally, I'd FAR prefer to see them go down the CG or cel animation route than do live-action....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Originally posted by amp
    LOL! Wouldn't mind seeing a Swifty based game myself (you know it mocks sense ;))

0_o ?

Yeah, live action cut-scenes are well cheesy-looking with a game and are usually pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

just saw the trailer there and i must say it looks pretty cool. I also would like to see cg instead of live action. Would be much better

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Swifty
    0_o ?

Your name sake was a character in 2000ad years ago, and it's where I stole the phrase "you know it mocks sense from".

Showing your age there Amp - I hadn't placed that one at ALL :)

It's funny, I was leafing through this months Megazine on the bog this afternoon and it struck me that actually, aside from the humour value, a Devlin Waugh game would ROCK. He's unconventional, he's overpowered in the scrapping department, he's got odd weaknesses (UV light etc) and he's funny as hell - in the catchphrase department, he's like the anti-DukeNukem. The last page of the Meg this month is a perfect example - the whole "shabby drawing-room horrors like you" line just screams to be shouted from the mouth of a videogame character.

If you could do a Devlin Waugh game that preserved the spirit of the character and the whole "Jean Paul Gaultier campness" of the stories, I seriously think you'd have a truly classic videogame on your hands.

I'd settle for a damn good Nikolai Dante game, though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

A Rogue Trooper game would be more to my liking.
    But with Dredd using the Q3 engine i wouldnt expect groundbreaking visuals hopefully it will be a decent game.

www.3dgamer.com has apage on it with tonnes of screenies and videos havent seen the E3 trailer but 3dgamer has one that looks rather good.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I recall a Rogue Trooper game on the Amiga over a decade ago. Perhaps unsurprisingly it was a sideways scrolling shooter. No, wait, there was a 3D spaceship shooty bit too. Got a good review, I believe...

But with Dredd using the Q3 engine i wouldnt expect groundbreaking visuals hopefully it will be a decent game.

Dredd isn't using the Quake3 engine - it's Rebellion's own engine, coded from scratch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Its called the Asura engine ,could have sworn i read that it was Q3 (I thought it was meant to be the last Q3 game or that may be a diff game).
    Here is 3dgamer page http://www.3dgamers.com/games/dreddvsdeath/

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

jedi knight: jedi academy uses the q3 engine albeit a considerably tweaked one...i don't know how many more games they can make using the q3 engine i mean its farely dated but it can give up some decent visuals at times....

must've been jedi academy that you were thinking of...
    /edit
    lol, i must've had the post reply window open for about 10 mins before i typed anything:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Who cares if it looks good or not as long as it's a good game. Recently played Dark Forces again and it's far better than some of the better looking games around now like Unreal 2 and SOF2. I think rebellion will do a great job of it.

Originally posted by Shinji
    Showing your age there Amp - I hadn't placed that one at ALL :)

Yeah, started at around Prog 500, and religiously got it every week for years, but these days I only get it occasionally. Not sure why I stopped, I think it went through a crap period after Slaine - The Horned God. There was no way they could keep up that sort of quality.

Speaking of Slaine, he'd be fecking perfect for an RPG. Quests, beserker mode, funny sidekick, lots of Celtic stuff to appeal to the huge irish-american market. Of course they'd have to hire Bisley for concept art/storyboarding and Pat Mills to write the storyline to do it properly.

hmmmm that's pretty zarjaz...

/me fires off an e-mail to Tharg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

Originally posted by amp
    Speaking of Slaine, he'd be fecking perfect for an RPG.

I know its not exactly what you meant but theres a D&D version of it which is pretty cool

Linky

/me looks at said url with a mixture of wonder and fear.

/me imagines self in a couple of years after playing said game at Gaelcon wearing a Frodo costume

/me runs away screaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

cool link hmm must but that on my list of things to aquire :)

still think a Durham red game would be class and a Sinister Dexter movie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I remeber seeing a load of screenshots for it a year or two ago and it looked fantastic. They seemed to have toned down the cel shading alot since so it looks alot less unique.

Maybe it's just a bad trailer. I'll be keeping an eye on it anyway. The plot sounded interesting.

http://www.dreddvsdeath.com/

loads of new pics & stuff up here (fairly nice site)
    apparently it should be out on the 19th:)
    the pc shots are looking very tasty (compared to the console version used in the e3 trailer anyway)
    woo, 2 weeksww)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Originally posted by amp
    /me imagines self in a couple of years after playing said game at Gaelcon wearing a Frodo costume
    amp_frodo.jpg

man, you just keep giving us the material!11

adnans

Advertisement