Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio survey thingie

Options
  • 08-07-2003 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

One of those tele survey people rang up and I was about to say no when she said it was to do with radio stations, so i decided i would do it. they were asking about how much you listen to stations & what your favorites were & who would be the best to present a breakfast time program and lots of questions like that.. and i gave all my answers to do with phantom stuff... not because i thought i should, just because it was true! except the ones that asked who repeats songs too much, and a few others.

Did anyone else get phoned up & asked to do this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pearl

About six years ago I got a call from a UK company doing a survey for the Irish market. They didn't have Phantom listed (at the time it could have been still Spectrum, it was before I joined). My only option was to say "Pirate", which I said a lot.

I hope that in some small way, I made a difference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

I had someone from a large (and, supposedly, reputable) research company call to my door a long time ago (about 7 or 8 years ago) and ask me a lot of questions about where and what I eat, drink, what newspapers I read, etc.

There was also a section on radio where I was asked what station I listen to and for how long. At the time my honest answer was "Spectrum FM" (some loser pirate station at the time :) ) She obviously didn't have a check box for Spectrum but, strangely, there was no "other" box either, so I then answered "Virgin Radio". No checkbox again. She asked me to answer again, only with a different answer. I told her that there was no point in continuing with the survey coz she wasn't interested in getting a genuine response. She walked away broken-hearted.

Sometimes I feel guilty about that day. Mostly I don't, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Originally posted by Paul Clarke
    I had someone from a large (and, supposedly, reputable) research company call to my door a long time ago (about 7 or 8 years ago) and ask me a lot of questions about where and what I eat, drink, what newspapers I read, etc.

There was also a section on radio where I was asked what station I listen to and for how long. At the time my honest answer was "Spectrum FM" (some loser pirate station at the time :) ) She obviously didn't have a check box for Spectrum but, strangely, there was no "other" box either, so I then answered "Virgin Radio". No checkbox again. She asked me to answer again, only with a different answer. I told her that there was no point in continuing with the survey coz she wasn't interested in getting a genuine response. She walked away broken-hearted.

Sometimes I feel guilty about that day. Mostly I don't, though.

you crule... curle man... have you no heart? the poor woman was probably just a stalker.. and you destroyed her dreams with your questioning... i bet she cry's every night over you.....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

Today Three cute girls From Spin Droped into the shop I work in to do a quick Survay, I told em I lisened to 98Fm because the Boss said so, but luckly I was wearing My Phantom FM T-Shirt.
    They gave me jellys hehe 8¬)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

I remember once in the infamous Swan Centre I got to test three sample derivatives of Cadbury's Time Out. It was freaky, they were considering a three fingured Time Out which in my opinion is playing God with nature.

I got loads of chocolate and a scratchcard for nothing which eased the pain of repeating one's leaving cert.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

Apparently Time Outs cost more to produce than the actual profit Cadburys make on each bar, but everyone loves them so much they keep making them. Mad eh?

Advertisement