Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regional Boards....

Options
  • 08-07-2003 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

......are quietly dying it seems, I just did a quick webjog across the land and only those chatterboxes in Cork and Kerry are keeping things ticking over, the rest are pretty or very quiet esp East which suprises given the population. I'm not suggesting the reg boards be revoked but maybe another shake up is required. Not sure what sort though!

Mike.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

IMHO they began to die off when they were combined. There was very little time given to the county boards to grow before they were merged. They were barely past the "getting to know you stage" before they were gone.

Many of the ones I visited were beginning to sprout small communities which ended up getting lost in the bigger boards.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

county boards would be way too sparcly populated, I think the regional ones are grand. They are handy, just cause they are not bustling is no need to change tham.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Was it ever Munster, Leinster, Connaught and Ulster? And more importantly, is that how you spell Connaught?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

The Cork board, er I mean "South" board is thriving, thats cos Cork people won't shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

The south board went through a stagnant period a while back but now it is being used again by us Cork people and to a lesser extent the Kerry folks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

The midlands board is quiet asweel but that's cos there's not much happening in the midlands. Is there ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

The Midlands forum is filling with off topic LNA discussion. We are trying to get a separate board to sort it out

Voice Your support here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104417

Advertisement