Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battle of Britain Map [Official EA/Dice Map]

Options
  • 08-07-2003 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

From EA/Dice
    Battle of Britain Map Announced
    In this new Battlefield 1942 map, German forces must disable four RAF radar towers as well as the heavily-protected Harwich Weapons Factory on the coast of England. If the British can defend these targets until the German tickets run out, they can wrest victory from the jaws of defeat. With one new vehicle and one new weapon entering the fray, the Battle of Britain is set to be Battlefield 1942's fiercest campaign yet.

Stay tuned to this page as we release more info on this new map in the coming days...

Also, they were so kind as to provide some images :)

junker_01_small.jpg radar_02_small.jpg radar_01_small.jpgjunker_02_small.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Download link?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

thats not ouy yet m8, theyve just announced it

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

EA have announced the release date of the new map on their site:
    England's Darkest Hour, Your Finest Moment
    Great Britain’s mighty empire is on the brink of collapse as wave after wave of German Luftwaffe bombing raids take their toll on the coast of England. The Axis goal is to soften British defenses in preparation for an eventual, all-out invasion. Only the brave men of the Royal Air Force stand in the way.
    In the new Battle of Britain map for Battlefield 1942, the Germans must disable the Royal Air Force's (RAF) four coastal radar towers as well as the Harwich Weapons Factory. Protected by several anti-aircraft batteries, the factory will be no easy target for the Luftwaffe. If the British can defend the objectives until the German tickets run out, they can wrest victory from the jaws of defeat.

To make it more interesting, The Battle of Britain map brings two powerful new weapons to the fray. Players on the German side can unleash the devastating attack of the Junkers Ju88 (see image), a heavy bomber used in every theater of WWII. This versatile aircraft holds a crew of four, one pilot/bomber and three gunners, making it a formidable force in the air. Balancing the odds, the British get the all-new Radar Tower (see image) to help counter this attack. When you enter a radar tower, your game map includes a radar sweep that detects any vehicle above the radar. But be wary -- the radar does not sweep the skies below the tower, creating a significant gap through which German bombers can make a stealthy approach.

In the new Battle of Britain map for Battlefield 1942, whether England falls into darkness or rises to victory is up to you.

The Battle of Britain Map will be available FREE for download on July 11, 2003 right here from battlefield1942.ea.com.

NOTE: THIS MAP WILL ONLY WORK WITH PATCH 1.4 INSTALLED. IF YOU HAVE NOT YET PATCHED YOUR GAME WITH 1.4, THE MAP WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE.

from EAGames

So, tomorrow folks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

45 BLANKING MEGABYTES

Sheesh pcgamer is a couple of months so lol

Regards

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

http://www.filerush.com/torrents/bf1942_battleofbritain_map.exe.torrent

for those who bittorrent.

I just tried it out against some bots. This is one great level. I put 40 bots in, and there were planes everywhere. The JU88 is a bitch, you can't get anywhere near it without getting shredded to pieces.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Lads can this map be used with all mods?

Originally posted by Lenny
    Lads can this map be used with all mods?

No, only normal Battlefield. If other Mods want to get this map working for them they will have to release a patch or version of the map for their own mod. I'm 35% through the map now with 3 hours to go :)

Finished downloading it an hour or two ago and played it for a good while. Very nice map. The new bomber is good and also has the ability to carpet bomb [as most bombers in RTR do]

The Radar stations are good, just give you the radar and an Anti-Aricraft gun. The Jeeps too have the RAF circle on them :) Its great the map has single player support though. Its a pity EA/Dice didnt do the same with Aberdeen or Coral Sea. They have learned though ;)

Overall i find the map a lot of fun and great. If they keep more like this coming ill be happy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

its a big map, was a bit lonely playing with only 4 others, but I'm sure that'll change in the future

animal2.jpg

sweeet :)

Couldnt wait so i came home from work and turned me oul modem on, swear i could see steam coming out of the poor chuffer, anyhoo 3 hour later (one disconnect so had to start gain SIGH) I have the map and i have to say its pretty good, had to play single player bot map cause ESAT seems to have gone on its monthly 1023 cycle, so will see what its like online in about 2 weeks when the pings comes back, i like the new bomber tres cool

But for god sake EA please cut down on the megabytes, if only for my modem sake, i can hear it panting now as i speak

regards

Shin

to tell you good people too, some guys over on the Desert Combat forum have released a file which makes the Battle of Britain map compatable with DC. You can find the file over on the forums on this thread. The file is very small, less then 80kb [havent tried it yet] and gives Conquest and Single Player support. Also i believe it adds one or two helicopters to the maps too ... you can find the attachment here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Cool map....been playin it all day...I luv those bombers...now the important question...

Any irish servers or englsih servers that have it rotating with good ping?

yeah 'Jerhardz' I think its called, has the map rotating, get sweet 30 pings to it iswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Pretty damn good map, good fun with a few bots, however I dont think the rdara towers are quite tough enough, they dont be long goin down with a few good bombers. However all in all a fun map. Just got the thingymajigger to make it work in DC, gonna try it out now :)

Now that Ive tried out the DC version, I have to say its pretty damn good fun, however it seems when you create a co-op LAN game only 4 opposition bots will spawn, and the rest stay dead. I created a LAN co-op with 36bots in it, there were all 17 coalition bots (and me) in one team, against 4 living opposition bots and 12 dead ones. Rather odd, the same 12 stayed dead the whoel game. Maybe just a bug with the latest version of the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Advertisement