Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frederick Forsyth

Options
  • 09-07-2003 1:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Not quite literature but anyone ever read his books?

The undisputed king of the thriller IMO. Nearly read the whole bunch at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I've read a couple, not really my cup of tea, but I was glad of them when I got them.

(I got them in an airport bookshop, to pass away a 2 hour delay in my flight)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Goldberg

They are truly unoutdownable.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Mythago

They are truly unoutdownable

wha!?

Read a few of his books..... good quick reads that are almost immediately forgotten! Paraphrased Dogs of War for my LC mocks a good few years ago & was given a C1 & told the plot was way too far fetched!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Read them all up to the Negotiator. Haven't read any since. All fairly unputdownable all right.

I've a letter here from Forsyth somewhere actually - when I was 12 or so I read one of his books (can't remember which one) and noticed a historical error in one of them (the guy is usually spot on with dates) & wrote him a note along the lines of "I know you're usually spot on with these things but...". Got a nice letter back complimenting me for being the first person to point it out in the 18 years since the book was published (which was probably true as it was something to do with a date in reference to Perón getting overthrown in Argentina the first time). Probably thought I was some weirdo (which may have been true), still nice of the chap to write back.

Amazingly I must have been more anal-retentive when I was 12 than I am now, 16 or so years later. Frightening thought.

Advertisement