Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Diablo in Dublin.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

And i pose the question:

Does it really matter? Does anyone really care?

Would owning a car that can get to 60mph 0.000075 / second faster than another car make your life totally better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by gs39t
    And i pose the question:

Would owning a car that can get to 60mph 0.000075 / second faster than another car make your life totally better?

Dunno but I'm willing to give it a try if anyone want to give me such a car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Originally posted by gs39t
    And i pose the question:

I wonder why you are posting on this thread if this is your attitude. To answer your question, car nuts always want something faster, but I'd prefer a car that handled better. And I suppose if you enjoy driving, it will improve your life a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Originally posted by ColinM
    Goldberg, Gerry and BrianD3, why don't you have a go at some of the other questions on this test - you've all made a good stab at Section B, question 4 already!

I've seen a fair few Diablo's around San Francisco, one Testarossa. This thread is a nitpicking argument about cars we are never going to own, well spotted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    The Diablo is a classic but flawed in many ways.
    I think that's kind of the point of Lamborghinis, and has been for quite a while. Tame the beast and all that. I remember when the VT's first came out and the traditional Lamborghini buyers gasped in horror, because it made it easier to drive. Four-wheel drive defeated the purpose, they /wanted/ to scare the crap out of themselves going round corners.

Personally, I'd take a Lamborghini over a Ferrari any day. Bloody hairdressers supercar (with a few notable exceptions). In fact, if anyone's willing to give me a Ferrari, I'll gladly prove it by selling it immediately and snapping up a Countach or Diablo before all the good ones are left in ditches. Any takers?

Gerry, speak for yourself. :)

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Originally posted by dahamsta
    I think that's kind of the point of Lamborghinis, and has been for quite a while. Tame the beast and all that. I remember when the VT's first came out and the traditional Lamborghini buyers gasped in horror, because it made it easier to drive. Four-wheel drive defeated the purpose, they /wanted/ to scare the crap out of themselves going round corners.

Yeah, it's the same with the true, die-hard Porsche 911 enthusiasts. When they added four-wheel drive and started adding things like traction control and all that stuff they recoiled in horror. As far as they were concerned, the 911 was supposed to be an evil, twitchy, hard to control car if you pushed too hard and this was taking away all that and putting it into the realm of the "meer mortal" who would now be able to drive the thing, overdrive it and have the computers sort it out for you and not end up in the ditch. It was taking away the "skill" of driving a 911 on the limit. As I heard a die-hard 911 nut once say, "No car ever rewarded you as much when driving it on the limit, or bit you as hard in the ass when you went over the limit!"

And as for Porsche finally seeing the light and following the rest of the car-manufacturing world and changing to a water-cooled engine as opposed to the traditional air-cooled one..... my God, to the 911 die-hard that was just plain sacrilage! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

You want a ferrari?

try here and click 'show all cars'.

Just tell me the one you want and I'll contact my good Nigerian friend, Mumumbo Jumbo, who seems to have $6m for me...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Weeeellll, the only Ferrari I actually /want/ is the Enzo, and that's not listed. Saw it in Charlie's Angels 2 last night, I nearly creamed myself. I wouldn't mind, but I was already in somewhat of a mess over Cameron. *sigh*

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Weeeellll, the only Ferrari I actually /want/ is the Enzo, and that's not listed. Saw it in Charlie's Angels 2 last night, I nearly creamed myself. I wouldn't mind, but I was already in somewhat of a mess over Cameron. *sigh*

adam

Enzo is here: http://www.maranellosales.com/ferrari/current/enzo/index.asp

Sweet.

Advertisement