Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

decent cd-ripper?

• 09-07-2003 3:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

im lookin for a decent ripper that actually works. im runnin win 2k pro with sp4. at the moment i have intervideo winrip installed but whenever i boot it up the splash screen comes up but then the program freezes and stops responding. i want one that'll basically rip cd's into mp3's...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i've been using easy cdda extractor for the best part of a year now & i've got nothing but good things to say about it.
    version 6 was released recently & it's pretty damn tasty.

http://www.poikosoft.com/easycdda.html

don't let the name put you off, it's got loads of handy advanced features hidden away.
    the preset mp3 configs are pretty crappy, it only takes a few seconds to create your own tho.
    i couldn't reccomend it highly enough:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Originally posted by bedlam
    CDEX is well worth trying

I heartily endorse this product or service :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I use AudioCatalyst. Never ever had an issue with it under any (windows) O/S I've ever run it.

Do a google for it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I'm using Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 & it lets you rip your cd's to .wav, .mp3 & .wma files. Its very easy to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭jammy_dodger

i use Freerip, tis ok for general ripping, you can set the bitrate, and the volume it encoded at, it dose the usual mp3, wav and a couple other formats.It has that CDDB file identification thingy.

It dosen't clog your comp up with spyware or any of that crap, no system tray icons, it pretty much just keeps to itself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement